Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2013 SRX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all.

It's like that scene in American Beauty... "2013 SRX, the car I always wanted, and now I have it... I rule!"

I researched it a couple of years, and although I know the SRX is not a perfect vehicle, I found one within my price range and I wanted the comfort, luxury, and the very cool look, and as of two days ago, I own it. I'm really excited.

I just wanted to drop a note here that I have joined the community and say hello. I know I have a few questions coming up (like why won't my dash lights dim at night, even when on "auto"), but for now I'm just enjoying it.

So hello to all and I hope you are enjoying your SRX as much as I am right now. :)

-Brian

·
Registered
2015 Premium Silver Coast / Brownstone
104 Posts
Hey Brian. Welcome to the family. You will love your 13. I am on my second SRX right now a 15 Premium, and where it is not perfect , it is a great blend of everything we look for in this type and class of car. Enjoy . Shoe

·
Registered
2013 SRX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, thank you! And adamjeeps, especially thank you for that excellent advice. I will go read them right now. I just figured out how to dim my dash lights. lol I've had a few new cars in my time, but none to really compare to this one, so I am more excited than usual.

·
Registered
2013 SRX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome and best of luck! Nothin' like looking at your SRX and thinking, "Yeah, baby!............."
Haha... exactly! I have to hold myself back from just walking around and staring at my own vehicle. Don't want to look like an arrogant butthole admiring my own ride. lol

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
Welcome and best of luck! Nothin' like looking at your SRX and thinking, "Yeah, baby!............."
Congrats, enjoy your beautiful new dream ride?

Nearly a year after getting my Esky, I have to pinch myself sometimes when I walk up to her in a parking lot and know that is my truck! What an awesome feeling.

PICTURES PLEASE!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
XT4 RED SPORT
2,390 Posts
I still have many friends and strangers who tell me how sweet looking my SRX ride is! :thumbsup: :D

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac SRX, Crystal Red
28 Posts
Even though my SRX is going on 4 years old now I too still get compliments . Mine is the Crystal Red , and on sunny days it does look awesome . I dont drive it in inclement weather and park it for the winter , just how I do it . Luv my Caddy . :yup:

·
Registered
2019 AWD XT4 Sport in Horizon Red
838 Posts
Congrats! And welcome to our clubhouse.

My 2013 SRX is my first Cadillac too, and I'm loving it.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Luxury FWD
23 Posts
Congrats and a tip for a new pre-owned owner. The SRX InfoTainment system has numerous customizations (fan speed, interior lights, audio, etc...). When I first purchased my new-to-me 2012 SRX Luxury I found out that the former owner set the max AC fan speed at "low". I did a factory reset on the climate, nav, and radio settings and then went through each screen and made my own choices. If the AC/heater, radio, or other settings seem odd, check the configurable settings.

·
Registered
2013 SRX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks. Yeah, I have almost got everything figured out, I think. I think the CUE system could use some interface improvement, but then again, I'm a programmer who specializes in interface design, so I am critical of, well, let's just say... MANY systems out there that I ran across. lol Lots of cool stuff is buried in the interface. It could use some shortcuts. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts