Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1996 DeVille Concours
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where the hell you can get a woodgrain steering wheel for a 1997 Eldo?? I know they were only made for the 2001 and 2002 models but I'm pretty sure they are the same.

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
They're not the same. As a matter of fact I ran into a situation where it's a damn good thing I checked because I thought the same thing.

Guy had one on eBay I was going to buy for my 01 DTS. Well after some very very extensive research and trying to figure out WHY the part numbers were so different I got the answer.

The wheel will most likely bolt onto the car. However the airbag assembly will NOT go into the wheel unless it's for your year.

So if you're going to do a cross year thing, be careful.
Does anybody know where the hell you can get a woodgrain steering wheel for a 1997 Eldo?? I know they were only made for the 2001 and 2002 models but I'm pretty sure they are the same.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Steering wheels, air bags, and bag modules are really really specific, particularly so on later model Caddies. Many junk yards will tell you they will fit. They absolutely will not. Too bad. If buying bags, make sure you buy a set with module. If your veh has side air bags, module is diff.

·
Registered
'03 STS (RIP), '89 Eldorado, '13 Malibu, '89 Grand Wagoneer
2,191 Posts
Sure can... but you'd have to sell yours and buy a late model one...

Guess that wasn't very helpful :banghead:

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
That's what I was seeing in yards AND on eBay. A LOT on eBay say fits 2000 - 2005 Cadillacs. Yeah when actually they fit ONLY a 2002 Escalade. Same wheel, different airbag.

Many junk yards will tell you they will fit. They absolutely will not. Too bad.

·
Registered
02 Seville, 04 SRX
1,343 Posts
If you have a 97 Eldorado, you can use the one off the 96-02 Eldorado only. I think you can also use up the the 96-97 STS wheel as well.

·
Registered
1999 Eldorado ESC
208 Posts
Hey CadillacSTS2003,

Just wondering if I am reading this right, for a 99 eldo if I am lucky enough to find a woodgrain wheel from a 01-02 eldo it will be a direct fit?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts