Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know for sure if I can get a newer Eldo type woodgrain steering wheel to bolt up to my 96 SLS?

I confess I love my current wheel, but I just like the looks of the newer model.

Glad I'm talking about a steering wheel instead of my wife! Har Har

Thanks,

Paul

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Sorry, I couldn't help you there.. Have you tried calling a dealer and asking? I'll assume they'd recommend against it for whatever reasons - but they should tell you whether or not it's possible...

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
i know this sounds cheapy, but you can buy the stick on types, that look just as good. Ive seen the new eldo ones and caddy wheels with the stick on stuff, and it looks just about as good. If you went to the dealer, you would have to tell them the VIN of another eldo, because if you walk in there they wont hand you a new steering wheel. Thats just the way they work.

I noticed you had a 96 seville, i am considering one. Take a look at this http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65. Please reply to that.

Thanks a bunch

el

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
wheel

The newer wood eldo wheel will bolt up to a earlier column/ seville/sts. The airbag will also fit. The up thru 2003 Eldo is basically a '92-97 Seville/STS. Everything else changed......but not the Eldo.

Logan

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sal, Elwesso, What was the brand name of the stick on wood, that looked good? I'm going to try it on my Eldo, but I don't know where to find it, if I don't know what to ask for.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
well, the first place i would start would be www.exoticwooddash.com. You could also type something in a search on google. Its the only search engine i use.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Been there, done that!! I feel better about getting something that has been field tested. Imagine, a friends car looked REAL shiny, really clear and scratch free... "What kind of wax did he use?"... Oh, do a search for car waxes... I still wouldn't know what product was used... That's what I'm looking for, the NAME of the steering wheel wood grain accents. BTW, WTF is a forbidden donut???

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
On this matter, there really isnt a specific brand name. What you want to find is some REAL wood accents, thats it. There really isnt a brand that is better than the next. GOTO GMF and see if you can find anything there that has been field tested. Actually, in the marketplace [of this site], cardio-doc has a stock GM wood steering wheel. You may check that out

BTW, the forbidden donut is just a quote from the simpsons. If you would like further explination on this, i can provide that.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
ok, the forbidden donut: Homer was hungry, and he said "i would sell my soul for a donut right now". So then Satan (who is actually Flanders) appears, and homer sells his soul for a donut. The thing was, once the enitre donut was consumed, his soul belonged to the devil. He eats all of it but 1 bite, and puts it in the fridge. Then later that night, he comes down looking for a midnight snack and he goes "mmmmm, forbidden donut", and he takes the last bite, and then the devil appears and takes Homer down to Hell. Later, [after a long trial] they find out that his soul actually belongs to marge, and then he comes back.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
With his head now turned into a donut!!!!! Can not believe you left out that minor detail!!!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I dont remember that happening......

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
ok??????`

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Turn off the 'puter and go get some air........You've been sittin' there way too long!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
ive been doing stuff all day thank you very much, that doesnt involve computers. I went car shopping, and found a 91 jaguar.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
7 Participants
elwesso