Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
eldorado
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 eldorado i took engine to put new head gaskets in i got the motor in but have 2 extra wires and don't know where they go. Also when pulling motor i tore the wires out of the top crank sensor i sodered them back in plug but dont know if they are right. The pictures are of the 2 wires i dont know where they go. and the car wont start now it has codes I034, t023, t027, t073

DSC00957.JPG

DSC00958.JPG

·
Registered
eldorado deville
1 Posts
Have you got the car to run yet? The wire near the brake master may be for the coolant temp sensor, evap solenoid, or how about the solenoid on the steering gear. I am in the process of putting the motor back in a 94 Eldo after a head job and trans overhaul. I also have a connector on the passenger side that goes nowhere but it is coroded so I assume it was always un-plugged. email me @ [email protected]

Code I034 will set if the ignition is on and the IPC is not able to exchange data with the PCM. If any other communication codes are stored along with I034, see the chart "Multiple Intermittent Codes." When this is the only communication code stored, the problem must be one of the following:

An open in the 800 circuit between the IPC and PCM and a second open in the 800 CKT between the PCM and ACP.
An open in PCM power or ground circuits (will also result in code P052 and driveability conditions).
A faulty PCM or PCM Calpak.
During the time the failure is present, coolant temperature will be displayed as "--" if selected on the DIC, the fuel data panel displays will read "--", the cooling fans will be commanded to high speed, and no PCM diagnostic information will be available for display. Also, the DIC will display "LOW OIL PRESSURE - STOP ENGINE" at key "On" with engine not running.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts