Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this 00" STS in May. Took an overheated dive in June and has been sitting in the dealerships repair lot since then. $7k worth of headgasket and crankseal repairs were staring me in the face. I went to three different lawyers who quoted me roughly the same amount for representation. I finally went with option in the contract which allows for Arbitration/Mediation. That was around mid Aug. Got a call Monday from a representative of the extended warranty company telling me that they reversed their denial and approved all covered repairs. I still have to pay for hoses (600.) and a battery (218.) but thats fine as I'm going down to Pep Boys and pick up a Optima. Also as soon I get the car that nasty Dexcool is going right in the drain pan.

Sometimes the little guy gets a break.

· Registered
2010 Black Cherry CTS AWD
263 Posts
A similar thing happened with me. All I have to do is pay $730 for new fluids and coolants, flushing, new battery, and some other stuff. $730 vs 5K for my head gasket job ...
...I'll take the $730.
-Mac

· Super Moderator
2010 DTS
89,562 Posts
Glad to hear you came out on top but don't blame Dex-Cool. If Dex was the cause, we'd all be having problems. I'd stick with Dex and change it more often if that makes you feel better but once you go green, you will have to change it every 2 years, even if you go back to Dex.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.