Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
2,557 Posts
That was sweet ahahahaha.... I just dont understand how people are always trying to be the first to buy something. Im perfectly happy waiting a couple months after something comes out. Anyways, that phone doesnt impress me... It does the same shit as any other phone :jerkit:

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,973 Posts
That was sweet ahahahaha.... I just dont understand how people are always trying to be the first to buy something. Im perfectly happy waiting a couple months after something comes out. Anyways, that phone doesnt impress me... It does the same shit as any other phone :jerkit:
It ain't worth a sh!t. There are many states including Alaska where it doesn't work. You can buy one somewhere else and bring it here but after the first bill it will be disabled by AT&T.

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
So is the iPhone the PS3 of phones or something? I only heard of it a few days ago...

I still love my old Nokia 2350 or whatever the hell it is. I've had it for three years, dropped it out the window of my truck at 70 mph in the rain, found it two days later, still on the side of the road, soaking wet, and it said I had missed calls and voicemail. What the hell is wrong with MY phone?

Dumbass.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
"I'm cuckoo for the iPhone!"

I think it's pretty damned cool, but then again I'm an Apple fan.

·
Registered
Hyundai Elantra
18,816 Posts
I'm gonna wait a couple months coz guarntee there will be bugs plus then some deals on them will start coming out. I got my Razor cheap coz I waited.

·
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
5,826 Posts
I dunno about a price drop so soon Nicki. Once the second revision comes out the first generation will drop in price just like the ipods did. There should be a lot of software updates for the iphone as the release date for OS X Leopard approaches.

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
I bought a Razor the second week they were released....NEVER AGAIN! I saw that vid yesterday and that woman got PWN3D. :rofl: I'm going to keep my $400 Razor another couple of years until it falls the hell apart. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1996 DeVille, 1985 Brougham SAGE GREEN!
2,750 Posts
I have a Nokia 6620. Awesome phone. Old but awesome. One of the first to have bluetooth and also has removable memory. It is beat to hell though,and to make it worse, it is impossible to get a new OEM housing for it. And no company makes faceplates for it.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
I dont know what kind of stupid agreement Apple entered with At&T but they are offering the iphone with only with one company which happens to have the worst internet of all the companies. Almost beats the purpose of having the iphone. Apple could have made so much more money if they at least offered the iphone with T Mobile as well as Verizon and Sprint, similiar to how the Blackberry is marketed.

·
Premium Member
28,973 Posts
Maybe they could fire up the old Palm network. Everything old is new again. Maybe I should drag out my i705. I'll bet I don't turn on my cell phone three times in a month. There isn't anybody in the world I'd pay $3 a minute to talk to except my wife.

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
I bought a Razor the second week they were released....NEVER AGAIN! I saw that vid yesterday and that woman got PWN3D. :rofl: I'm going to keep my $400 Razor another couple of years until it falls the hell apart. :rolleyes:

Ya coulda bought another Glock! Orrrr...a nice factory recon. Sig!

·
Premium Member
28,973 Posts
You don't get much of a shave with it but you can get skinned.

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
Cingular/ATT and TMobile are already faster than Verizon and Sprint Mobile Broadband with the V3xx and other HSDPA phones.

3.6Mbps download and 384k upload.....

The Sprint and Verizon commercials are trying to compare the CDMA 3G (EVDO/EVDD) against GSM GPRS and EDGE, it is like comparing a a Toyota Camry 4 cyl agaist a LS2 GTO for speed.... The Toyota is gonna get killed.....

Sprint Mobile Broadband > Verizon > Cingular
Apple was foolish with the iPhone coming out of the box with only GSM and not HSDPA. So all the customers are going to be buying old technology. So in a year or so when they figure out how to buy a Qualcomm 3G HSDPA chip set (I can't imagine them designing their own chip set yet...) and sell it, a lot of people are going to be dumping the iPhone for the next generation one.

Maybe it isn't foolish.... Now you are going to have a lot of unhappy customers for speed / performance, and they are going to dump it and buy it all over again. Double sales..... unhappy customers that buy a second time....

So, if you are into broadband speed? The V3xx does rock for speed, as it is HSDPA. EV-DO is the CDMA answer to HSPDA, which is why they aren't a fair comparison to EDGE, GSM EDGE is in comparison with CDMA's 1X specification, not EV-DO.....

I am playing with my Q now, http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/product/detailsPf.jsp?globalObjectId=180, but still trying to figure it out. All I can say is Windows is still Windows..... I want to see an Mac OSX version.... IF Apple was smart, they would release a OSX Mobile OS....

But the guys at work playing with this one, http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/motoq9h/, which ROCKS for speed. Mind blowing... Smokes cable modems....

·
Registered
Yep
746 Posts
I love how cocksure she was about her plan. I wonder how she reacted when the camera was off. I guarantee you it wasn't as civil. :alchi:

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
Cingular/ATT and TMobile are already faster than Verizon and Sprint Mobile Broadband with the V3xx and other HSDPA phones.

3.6Mbps download and 384k upload.....

The Sprint and Verizon commercials are trying to compare the CDMA 3G (EVDO/EVDD) against GSM GPRS and EDGE, it is like comparing a a Toyota Camry 4 cyl agaist a LS2 GTO for speed.... The Toyota is gonna get killed.....

Apple was foolish with the iPhone coming out of the box with only GSM and not HSDPA. So all the customers are going to be buying old technology. So in a year or so when they figure out how to buy a Qualcomm 3G HSDPA chip set (I can't imagine them designing their own chip set yet...) and sell it, a lot of people are going to be dumping the iPhone for the next generation one.

Maybe it isn't foolish.... Now you are going to have a lot of unhappy customers for speed / performance, and they are going to dump it and buy it all over again. Double sales..... unhappy customers that buy a second time....

So, if you are into broadband speed? The V3xx does rock for speed, as it is HSDPA. EV-DO is the CDMA answer to HSPDA, which is why they aren't a fair comparison to EDGE, GSM EDGE is in comparison with CDMA's 1X specification, not EV-DO.....

I am playing with my Q now, http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/product/detailsPf.jsp?globalObjectId=180, but still trying to figure it out. All I can say is Windows is still Windows..... I want to see an Mac OSX version.... IF Apple was smart, they would release a OSX Mobile OS.... Maybe someone needs to come up with Linux Mobile!

But the guys at work playing with this one, http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/motoq9h/, which ROCKS for speed. Mind blowing... Smokes cable modems....

EDIT: It looks like Apple has done some strange things like soldered the battery inside, so you can't replace it easily. They are using an Infineon chipset. I have seen the insides now, it is incredibly complex assy. I wonder how durable it will be, I can highly recommend you don't drop it. There is a lot that can be damaged quite easily.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts