Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
'87 SDV
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is mostly for us old farts.

Out of all the cars you've owned. What's the one you wish you could have back - even if for just a weekend to do a little cruisin'? No dreamers now, it must be a car you actually owned.

Mine was a cherry red 1965 Impala. Nothing fancy or fast, just sweet as could be with a 283-2 barrel and a 2-speed automatic, Cragar SS wheels. Lost her in a nasty wreck, but man if that back seat could talk...

This pic isn't actually my old car, but it's pretty close

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Hmmm, there are four that come to mind, and I'd take any of them.

1) 1978 Rover SD1

I got her brand enw in 1978, with a Buick sourced (Rover bought the engine) 3500 V8. Was a great and very very hot car.

2) 1977 Jaguar XJ6C

Mine was bought in 1991, it was in mint condition, in British Racing Green, and I fitted a Series 3 Grille to it, it looked brand new, because they were still making the XJ12 sedan at that time, and at one point I had this and an XJ12 parked next to each other in the garage

3) 1961 Jaguar E-Type

My dad gave his 1961 Series-1 car in 1974 as "my" first car. It was fantastic, also in BRG, convertible, it was a fantastic car, and had the 3.8 6-cyl. About 6 months later I could afford my own car, and was ordered to give it to my mother as part of my parent's divorce settlement, she promptly wrapped it round a tree.

4) 1995 Bentley Turbo R

I bought one new in 1995, it was fast, powerful, loud, expensive, thirsty and fecking fantastic, I loved this car, and its possible that I will buy either one of these or an Arnage T this year.

All done, I know foyur is alot, but I've owned over 60 cars in my 31 years of driving, and its hard to pinpoint one.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Woah, McCombie! So many cars and so many nice cars!
Didn't the police drive those Rovers too?

I wish I had my Red '64 Coupe DeVille back that has been towed and sold when I was in Holland waiting for it to be shipped!

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
70eldo said:
Woah, McCombie! So many cars and so many nice cars!
Didn't the police drive those Rovers too?
I wish I had my Red '64 Coupe DeVille back that has been towed and sold when I was in Holland waiting for it to be shipped!
Cheers LOL, Yeah the police had them too, but theirs didnt have the 3.5 in them :sneaky:

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
caddydaddy said:
It's in Germany now! :(
I will salute and think of you when I pass it!

·
Registered
2005 DeVille
1,043 Posts
My '93 Talon TSi. I had a bunch of money in to the motor and the car was very quick. It was easy to work on and it was paid for and looked good all at the same time. I had a lot of fun with it. I still have dreams that I got it back only to have it snatched away.

·
Registered
'87 SDV
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mccombie_5 said:
Why did Chrysler axe Eagle?
They didn't actually.

Eagle was the last vestige of the old American Motors which Chrysler absorbed (to get Jeep) in 1987. Eagle became Intrepid/LHS/Concord/300M. The Talon was a rebadged Mistubishi. Interestingly, AMC engineering is responsible for the cab forward concept that Iacocca took credit for, as well as the 1984-2002 Cherokee design which made Chrysler a fortune, the incredibly reliable Jeep 4.0 litre/6, and all of the small Jeeps (CJ, YJ, TJ, and Liberty) were from AMC designers.

Now, let's get back to the original thread topic, shall we?

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
noahsdad said:
They didn't actually.

Eagle was the last vestige of the old American Motors which Chrysler absorbed (to get Jeep) in 1987. Eagle became Intrepid/LHS/Concord/300M. The Talon was a rebadged Mistubishi. Interestingly, AMC engineering is responsible for the cab forward concept that Iacocca took credit for, as well as the 1984-2002 Cherokee design which made Chrysler a fortune, and all of the small Jeeps (CJ, YJ, XJ, and Liberty) were from AMC designers.

Now, let's get back to the original thread topic, shall we?
Didnt know that!

Yes, Sir, of course sir

*marches off*

:p

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
My black '65 GTO convertable! 3 deuces and a 4-speed...and a 389. Just like the song! What a beast. And worth a fortune today.

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,723 Posts
70eldo said:
I will salute and think of you when I pass it!
I'm sure it's easy to find! There can't be too many Galloway Green Firemist metallic '76 Fleetwoods running around Germany! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
'03 DTS
8 Posts
1975 280Z-first year for fuel injection "Persimmon"(read, hugger orange) great driving car

1963 VW Beetle-just sold it last year(What was I thinking!!!)

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
I kinda wish my dad kept his '57 Chrysler Windsor.
It was a big pink (salmon) 4 door sedan with very nice fins and it was pure '50s Americana! I wish I could find a pic of it.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
How does that Eldorado compare to your FWB? I looked at a '95 Eldo and a '94 FWB yesterday just for fun, and after driving the Eldo, I decided I would probably prefer that one, but I didnt get to drive the FWB.

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
For being only 23 years old...I've been through about 26 or so cars...the ones I wish I'da kept...

'66 Lincoln Continental
'59 Lincoln
2 '60 Dodge D-100's
'68 Plymouth Sport Fury
'73 Porche 914
'63 Mercury Monterey
'63 T-Bird
'94 STS
'83 Eldorado Biarritz
And I actually wish sometimes I hadn't gotten rid of my old '84 Honda Accord, cause it had 210k on it, was still running strong, I paid four hundred bucks for it, it never once even thought about breaking down on me and I had entirely too much fun jumping it and mudding it in and driving it off road and beating the living hell out of it...but it was too damned small for me, so I traded up to the Eldorado...

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
You had a '59 Lincoln?!?!?!
The '59 Lincoln Mark IV is my 2nd favorite '50s car ever, 1st being the 1958 Mark III. And I really like the '83 Eldorado Biarritzes. They are one of the best looking Caddies IMO.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts