Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well tonight at around 12a.m. i'll be coasting the caddy down the hill to my school. It's about 2 to 3 miles away. It's downhill the hole way until i hit flat at the bottom of the hill. WISH ME LUCK EVERYONE!

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Uh, ok. I'm pretty sure theres a reason. Anyway, good luck and good brakes.

·
Registered
266 Posts
:confused: Dude, it's not a soap box racer :histeric:

I'm gona assume it's not running and you're taking into the school auto shop. Please tell me that's it. :shocked:

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Godspeed.... Thats all i have to say!

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
uhhhh... if it is not running, then your crazy..... when I was testing some things out in my car, got up to about 65 and shut the engine off....... the first few pumps of the brakes were fine, as there was still pressure from the p/b system, then it became rock hard and almost a worthless way to try and stop the car..... then a light turn came up and I had to really grab the wheel to turn it.... although it was too bad...... on your car which is like 3 feet longer, and more then 1500lbs more.... I can just imagine what it would be like....

...have fun though :)

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Need to put my new tranny in that's at my auto shop, remember, it only goes in reverse. Yes, the engine does run, you think i'm that big of an idiot? I wouldn't be able to steer use the brakes. I've tried it before in my parking lot and it's almost impossible. But we made it down safe, only running two red lights. I had my friend drive way in front of me to let me know if any cars were coming.

·
Registered
247 Posts
MMNineInchNails said:
Need to put my new tranny in that's at my auto shop, remember, it only goes in reverse. Yes, the engine does run, you think i'm that big of an idiot? I wouldn't be able to steer use the brakes. I've tried it before in my parking lot and it's almost impossible. But we made it down safe, only running two red lights. I had my friend drive way in front of me to let me know if any cars were coming.
Honestly, I thought you were doing some Jackass type stuff.

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
hahahaha good luck dude , i remeber doing stuff like that myself , but the car i did it with wieghed 1800 lbs , to get it in the shop i had 4 defensive guys from the football team pick it up and walk it in

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
Stoneage_Caddy