Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T Lux, 2017 MB C300 Coupe
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For quite while now, there has been an intermittent grinding sound coming from my driver's seat. It is not a rubbing sound. Interestingly, the first time I brought the car in, the SA heard it, but the tech was not able to reproduce it after having the car for the day; so nothing was done. Obviously, this is the problem with intermittent car issues. Best thing, though, was that the SA heard the sound and thus I felt I could keep bugging them until the issue was solved. Anyway, the second time in, no one could hear the sound, but this time the tech "cleaned and greased the tracks." No grinding sound for a day or two, and then it was back. Crossed my fingers and brought the car in for a third time (with oil/filter change) although the sound was still intermittent. Ah, success at last. The tech heard the sound and described as I did - grinding.

Now that we know the problem is most likely coming from the seat's motor, new tracks and motor have been ordered and will be installed tomorrow. Need all your prayers to prevent any ensuing damage to car while seat is being taken out and then being put back in. Although, I must say, that Ed Morse Cadillac (Delray, FL) has been doing a great job servicing my car (without any complaints from me.)

C

·
0 Posts
Cross your fingers that the seat frame doesn't fall apart during impact of an accident like my CTS did when the frames were replaced under warranty..

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T Lux, 2017 MB C300 Coupe
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New seat (not new seat, just new track and motor) is in and working fine, no grinding or unwanted sounds when in motion, And, almost as important, no undue new markings because of the install...good techs here.

·
Registered
Performance AWD T
65 Posts
For quite while now, there has been an intermittent grinding sound coming from my driver's seat. It is not a rubbing sound. Interestingly, the first time I brought the car in, the SA heard it, but the tech was not able to reproduce it after having the car for the day; so nothing was done. Obviously, this is the problem with intermittent car issues. Best thing, though, was that the SA heard the sound and thus I felt I could keep bugging them until the issue was solved. Anyway, the second time in, no one could hear the sound, but this time the tech "cleaned and greased the tracks." No grinding sound for a day or two, and then it was back. Crossed my fingers and brought the car in for a third time (with oil/filter change) although the sound was still intermittent. Ah, success at last. The tech heard the sound and described as I did - grinding.

Now that we know the problem is most likely coming from the seat's motor, new tracks and motor have been ordered and will be installed tomorrow. Need all your prayers to prevent any ensuing damage to car while seat is being taken out and then being put back in. Although, I must say, that Ed Morse Cadillac (Delray, FL) has been doing a great job servicing my car (without any complaints from me.)

FUN FACT , for almost a year there was this Squeeky sound from the passenger seat... i would think its some of the stuff in my door pocket.. I removed it . still that squeek

ENDED up finding out it was my WeatherTech carpet rubbing on the seat rail...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts