Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 69 Coupe Deville. I got tired of just having an AM/FM radio. SO I put together a ghetto CD/DVD/Stereo system for it. Its set up all nice in my living room. Hopefully I will have time this weekend to but it into the car.

I need to know wiring for the stock radio. Are the color the standard? ie Black = grnd, Red = +12 and Yellow = ACC?

thanks

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
garck said:
I have a 69 Coupe Deville. I got tired of just having an AM/FM radio. SO I put together a ghetto CD/DVD/Stereo system for it. Its set up all nice in my living room. Hopefully I will have time this weekend to but it into the car.

I need to know wiring for the stock radio. Are the color the standard? ie Black = grnd, Red = +12 and Yellow = ACC?

thanks
I would think it should be that way. My 70 chevelle is that way but to double check i would check www.carstereohelp.com

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
Alot of times they stamped legends on the radio housing, and as with any factory setup, it doesn't really follow the standard. These are the wiring colors for a 68, so double check before using them.

+12v constant - 25A ACC fuse - Brown
+12v Switched - 7.5A Radio - Yellow w/ Black Stripe

Now there may be a problem if your rear speakers are wired like mine are. Mine have one wire coming from the radio, and they use chassis ground. I'm willing to bet your aftermarket setup says not to do this in the instructions, so you may be in for running some wire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts