Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wiring Diagram (s) (Revised)

Hello, I'm turning my Conquest into part Cadillac with the Bose stereo out of a 1995-6 STS. I'm not using the power antenna but I'm curious on which wire(s) is/are the antenna signal wire(s). I've searched around here and found some info but I could use complete specifics. Can anyone lead me to diagrams with color codes for the ins and outs for the Bose amp as well as for the 2 connectors off the AC Delco stereo? Thank you very much.

·
Registered
CTS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Wiring Diagram (s) (Revised)

I figured out most of the above and I'm trying to appeal to someone here with the knowledge to share to make it all work. I reteived the entire stereo system, wiring harness and all, from a junked 95 STS. There is a purple/white wire off the 7 pin radio connector which turns into a red wire radio side which I'm confused about. Is that data line? If so I could really use your help in how to fire this up via a code reset. Any information or assistance in pointing me in the right direction would be certianly appreciated.

·
Registered
1962 coupe (selling), 1995 Seville SLS, 1966 Sedan DeVille
244 Posts
I just pulled my inop '95 Bose head unit, and I believe the purple/white wire is for lamp dimming control. The factory service manual has very little info on the inner workings of the Bose units (option U1G). I'm attempting aftermarket conversion with a Metra 70-1857 harness, which correctly operates the power antenna - but no sound yet out of the Bose amp/speaker combos. That particular system, although 16 years old, had great sound, until the head unit quit.

There are 2 connectors that come off the head unit, but a lot of the pins are not used.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts