Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks!
I have a 2000 Seville STS and I am going to replace the complete sound system.
This is what I am replacing it with.

Alpine 7977 (whitch has no internal amp. Just RCA cables)
One Orian XTREAM 600 watt 4 channel (for the speakers)
One Orian XTREAM 375 watt 2 channel (for the sub)
Four Folcal 6.5 polyflex speakers
And one Kicker SL 5 10" SUB.

I will not be using the factory speaker wire.
I have been told not to tap into the harrness coming out of the radio for my power because it could damage the inti theft system. I do want to keep my door chimes and I cant find an interface for a Seville, so I will probably leave my factory radio hooked up in the trunk with a jumper harness, unless some one knows of a way around this problem.
My main concern is where to hook up the switched power wire. I would like to find a wire to tap into that would let the radio keep playing after the key is turned off and would shut down after the door is opened. I know there is a wire coming out of the factory radio that does this but it only works while the radio is on and I do not want to leave it on all the time.
Does any one have expereance with replacing the Seville sound system, Or where I can find some good reliable info on it.
Yes I know a lot of people think the Bose is a good sounding system but what I'm replacing it with will pound the crap out of the Bose and sound way better!
Any way, thanks for any help on this.

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply STS_Spinnin. I am replacing every thing so there will be no issues with the speakers or the factory Bose amp. I think what I will end up doing is making a jumper harness from the radio plug in the dash and running it to the trunk and just leave my Bose radio hooked up in the trunk. This way I will keep my door chimes and what ever else runs threw the radio.
You said that you lost your steering wheel controls. They make an interface for that so they will work with your aftermarket radio. It's made by a company called Peripheral. Model# PESWIX. Mine cost me $80.00.

·
Registered
85 Posts
murphys law said:
Thanks for the reply STS_Spinnin. I am replacing every thing so there will be no issues with the speakers or the factory Bose amp. I think what I will end up doing is making a jumper harness from the radio plug in the dash and running it to the trunk and just leave my Bose radio hooked up in the trunk. This way I will keep my door chimes and what ever else runs threw the radio.
You said that you lost your steering wheel controls. They make an interface for that so they will work with your aftermarket radio. It's made by a company called Peripheral. Model# PESWIX. Mine cost me $80.00.
Damn, I shoulda had you install my deck. They don't know what they are doing with my car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't feel bad Spinnin. Not very many places know what their doing. The Cadillac seville has a very complexed system and believe me, I have had my problems. I have had to get it towed in to the dealer because I blew something in my security system.
So I figured if I just leave the damn thing hooked up in the trunk and find a differant power source for my Alpine I should be OK. It would be a differant story if I wanted to keep my Bose speakers. But my Focal speakers are twice the speaker than the bose.
I had this system in a 2001 Firebird and it sounded great. Its kinda funny, Im a 41 year old man and I still love to feel my music. All my daughters friends trip when they hear this system and tell her that they cant believe her dad likes to hammer like that. :coolgleam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts