Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Dec 15th build Platinum. My Samsung Note 4 was never able to charge wirelessly. I have a feeling it is because it would never sit flat against the charging platform simply because the phone was too big. I know that some members with different build dates and phones have had mix success with wireless charging. I can confirm that wireless charging does work with my car and the Samsung S6, see attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
None
438 Posts
I have a Dec 15th build Platinum. My Samsung Note 4 was never able to charge wirelessly. I have a feeling it is because it would never sit flat against the charging platform simply because the phone was too big. I know that some members with different build dates and phones have had mix success with wireless charging. I can confirm that wireless charging does work with my car and the Samsung S6, see attached.
My Note 4 does not work either. My Note Edge does. Waiting for my S6 Edge to come.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
155 Posts
My I phone 6 plus works when you lay it on the pad before you start the truck. If you pick it up it looses the connection and will not charge until you turn the truck off and put the phone on the pad and restart.

·
Registered
2015 i Escalade luxury Wht Diamond tricoat w/ Kona Brown
108 Posts
i have a samsung 4s with a otter case. I bought the back for the wireless charger system for my phone.. The wireless charger on my escalade is very touchy.
If i place it on the pad prior to starting the car, it will charge 99% of the time, other wise sometimes it just wont workor will start heating up. I have tried with out the otter case and no difference.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
Joey Rosario said:
My I phone 6 plus works when you lay it on the pad before you start the truck. If you pick it up it looses the connection and will not charge until you turn the truck off and put the phone on the pad and restart.
This would be a great find!

·
Registered
Cadillac
27 Posts
What case are you using with the 6 plus?

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
Joey,
I have to give that a try when we get back home to Florida.
we are in Brazil on family medical emergency. be here for a few more weeks.

I have been using a home charger and a Qi charging coil
iQi Mobile - New & Improved 0.5mm Thin Qi Wireless Charging Receiver for iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 5, 5C, 5S For a Soft Case

and power bot
PowerBot® PB1020 Qi Enabled Wireless Charger Inductive Charging Pad Station for All Qi Standard Compatible Devices

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
155 Posts
Not sure about the I phone 6-plus. My charger works most of the time. The case I got is thin and allows the phone to lay flat on the matt.

Joey
Bought my case from Brando Workshop <[email protected]>
tem Code :SQIRR000800
Item :QI Standard Wireless Charging Receiver Case for iPhone 6 Plus (Back Case)
Option :SQIRR000802 Black
Qty :1
Price : US$24

----------

I also bought two of these base stations that rock. One for my night stand and one for my office. Cool part is when I travel it has a battery on board that will charge my phone a few times without plugging into power.

Item Code :SWLCG000400
Item :Wireless Power Bank 7000mAh
Option :SWLCG000401 White
Qty :1
Price : US$46

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
I have a tendency to lay my iPhone 6plus in the same charging pad but never notice it charging. Is there an icon that I should watch in the phone? I have a black interior and a black faced iPhone that I don't notice it falling to the back every time I open the ice box.

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
Did u get a thin case that has a Qi charging coil and a battery backup.
If so that sounds like the best deal for our $1000 iPhones.
Where did u get it?
How much?

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Platinum
19 Posts
I have a 2015i Platinum and have been playing with multiple cases to see which one works best on my caddy. What i found is that no two cases are alike and even two of the same exact cases act differently. I've purchased 5 different cases for my iPhone 6 and found this case to work the best in my car and even with my other charging pads I've purchased for my night stand and office desk. Its called BEZALEL and i purchased it on amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RY8EW14/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I found this case to work fairly consistent but there are instances when it doesn't work until i pick it up and lay it back down. I also found I have to rest the bottom of the phone on the rubber bumper stop on the charging pad. I've also discovered that all these qi wireless charging pads are very sensitive in the way they behave but due to the the inherent limitations with wireless charging, the phone or case must rest completely flush with the charging pad. This is due to the science of mutual induction and therefore not much can be done when your phone will not rest in the space provided by cadillac.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade ESV Premium
79 Posts
I've got a Qi charging thingy on my iPhone 5S and it will only very rarely pick up a charge from the center wireless charger. was excited to have this work, but alas, seems very finicky. will tray the case from Bezalel and see if it works better

Gundo

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
2 Posts
I have a Nexus 6 with a Bear Motion case (phone has native wireless charging). Its as big as an iPhone 6 plus and it fits and charges great in our 2015i.
Also charges our Nokia Windows phone no problem.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have a Samsung S6, which is Qi integrated right out of the box. With no additional protective case on it, it charges every time I place it on the console mat.

I bought an Otter Box protective case for it. With the Otter Box case installed on the phone, it is hit and miss (mostly miss) as far as induction charging.

I removed the rubber console pad, and bought a very thin black mouse pad and cut the mouse pad to the exact size needed to replace the rubber pad. I 'secured' the new charging mouse pad via small pieces of double faced masking tape, so that when the console lid is opened, the mouse pad does not fall off. I believe it looks 'cleaner' and better than the rubber pad. Using this new setup, the Samsung S6 with the Otter Box case on it charges every time. The phone and the mouse pad have enough 'friction' between them so that the phone does not slide around on the pad.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium, 2016 CTS-V (on order)
22 Posts
The only problem with my Samsung S6 is the movement of the phone during driving and loses contact and does not charge.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts