Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac XT5 Premium Luxury Crystal White
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of recently I had to upgrade my iPhone 6s sadly and upgraded it to the iPhone 11 Pro. I set the phone in the slot like always and wouldn’t you know the green lightning bolt came up and the phone was charging on the dash. I always thought there needed to be a hardware update to the car to make these phones compatible as I did not think they were, but now I’m wondering if Apple did something to make them compatible? The only question I have, is if anyone else is able to charge is there a very sweet spot so to say, mine will charge a few seconds and then stop and less I get it in that exactPerfect area. Any help is appreciated thanks as always

·
Registered
2020 Cadillac Premium Luxury XT5
203 Posts
As of recently I had to upgrade my iPhone 6s sadly and upgraded it to the iPhone 11 Pro. I set the phone in the slot like always and wouldn’t you know the green lightning bolt came up and the phone was charging on the dash. I always thought there needed to be a hardware update to the car to make these phones compatible as I did not think they were, but now I’m wondering if Apple did something to make them compatible? The only question I have, is if anyone else is able to charge is there a very sweet spot so to say, mine will charge a few seconds and then stop and less I get it in that exactPerfect area. Any help is appreciated thanks as always
I had luck by removing the rubber insert ,on the bottom are some small round nubs ,I cut them off and My phone charges a lot better.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My wife has a Note 8 & I have a Note 9 (both have cases) they both charge OK in the XT5 but in our old 2018 Terrain they would stop & start charging on longer drives.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts