Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2015 ATS Premium 3.6 Coupe RWD built 12/2014
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 ATS Premium 3.6 Coupe and can't seem to get my wirless charging to work on my I-phone 5.

Does anyone know if there is a secret to it, I have moved it around, turned it around and still no indication that it is charging. The phone does not have a
protective cover.

Does anyone know if it is suppose to work on an I-phone 5.

Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zl700...

What do you mean by a compatible case or plug in ring. I have never heard of either.

Do you have pictures or a website where I can see what you are suggesting.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
Zl700...

What do you mean by a compatible case or plug in ring. I have never heard of either.

Do you have pictures or a website where I can see what you are suggesting.

Thanks
The phone doesn't have wireless charging built in. But you can get a case (or pad that sticks to the back of the phone) that provides Qi charging of the phone's battery. Just do a web search for iPhone 5 wireless charging to find some.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was under the impression that this new feature " Wireless Charging" in my 2015 eliminated the need for a pad or stick. The video that Cadillac has on the feature just has you putting the phone on the pad inside the "Q" bin.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
I was under the impression that this new feature " Wireless Charging" in my 2015 eliminated the need for a pad or stick. The video that Cadillac has on the feature just has you putting the phone on the pad inside the "Q" bin.
The car can only charge a phone that has Qi charging capability either built into the phone or added via a case or other method. Not all phones can have Qi charging added but yours can.

Friends don't let friends iPhone but since we don't know each other very well....

Sample case video:

iQi video (works with some non Qi cases):

·
Registered
2014 XTS-Vsport
335 Posts
Armypilot said:
Zl700... What do you mean by a compatible case or plug in ring. I have never heard of either. Do you have pictures or a website where I can see what you are suggesting. Thanks
Powermat.com

·
Registered
ATS-V Coupe MT
1,558 Posts
Lol simple answer: iPhone can't charge without wires. Not until apple "invents" it and all the apple sheep go nuts thinking that iPhone is the first ever phone to have this

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Hoosier Daddy. I understand now.

I will order one today.

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
or you can wait until apple releases the iPhone 8 and "invent" wireless charging :canttalk:
Apple wont invent it, but whichever they choose will become the industry standard. Maybe in the iPhone 7 since the watch has wireless charging. Apple isn't the type to use technology until they feel it's ready for their products.

Lol simple answer: iPhone can't charge without wires. Not until apple "invents" it and all the apple sheep go nuts thinking that iPhone is the first ever phone to have this
I find Android guys funny. I used to be an Android guy, until my Droid forced closed and froze when I needed to make an emergency call. I bought my first Apple product a week later and have never looked back. I feel Apple products and service are second to none, and I now own several. Each company has it's pros and cons, but Android has a lot more cons to me which I why I stick with IOS. In fact i've owned three Android phones and had issues with all of them. My iphone isn't perfect, but I've had far fewer issues than any other smart phone I've had. I'm sure there's some good Android phones now, but I have no reason to switch.

OP: As others have pointed out the iPhone does not support wireless charging without an aftermarket accessory.

·
Registered
ATS-V Coupe MT
1,558 Posts
lets not start arguing about apple vs android here. i can already feel hoosier daddy getting ready to force feed us the windows phone.

·
Registered
'15 ATS 3.6 Coupe Premium AWD Black Diamond Tricoat
42 Posts
lets not start arguing about apple vs android here. i can already feel hoosier daddy getting ready to force feed us the windows phone.
But I will state that my Windows Phone Lumia 1520 supports this without any adapters/cases.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts