Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all..

Got my 2nd CTS this weekend (2015). Got to thinking about this wireless charging for Iphone's issue. I don't think it's really all that useful anyway..even for non-iphone users... Here's why. If you are a heavy/frequent Pandora user, the CUE app requires the phone to be plugged in..which, be default will charge the phone anyway.

With that being said, you can BT pandora via the phone as BT media, but you don't get the album art and maybe a few other limitation.

·
Registered
73 Posts
In 2015 it was a feature, in 2018 it's probably more relevant than it was in 2015 when "gimmick" could have probably applied.......but since the bay in so small and my phone won't fit inside, well, I guess I'm with you in the end on the irrelevant part :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless in 2018 models, you can bluetooth Pandora via the CUE app, it's still pretty useless. And agreed, new phones won't fit in the bay anyway. I just plug mine into the center cosole USB and leave it in there or lay in across the top of the cup holders (fits perfectly).

·
Registered
73 Posts
I never found a mount that worked for me that wouldn't require adhesive on the dash, so I've adopted that technique as well, or just leaving it in my bag and snaking a cable inside. The phone connects via bluetooth quickly and then I'll add the cable, at that point I think I should be able to use SIRI commands using the steering wheel but.....yeah haven't figured that out yet, still have to train myself on how to use the CUE voice system.....

·
Registered
482 Posts
I never found a mount that worked for me that wouldn't require adhesive on the dash, so I've adopted that technique as well, or just leaving it in my bag and snaking a cable inside. The phone connects via bluetooth quickly and then I'll add the cable, at that point I think I should be able to use SIRI commands using the steering wheel but.....yeah haven't figured that out yet, still have to train myself on how to use the CUE voice system.....
Long pressing the voice recognition button should bring up Siri. At least it does for Cortana on my Windows phone, which fits and charges well in the hidden charging compartment under CUE.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ah, I'm not holding it long enough and listening for the chime. I guess I'll experiment. Can someone confirm, and I apologize if I'm hijacking a thread here, but does CUE allow you to speak temperature changes? "Set Driver Temperature 72 degrees" or something along those lines? I'm guessing no, it's navigation, phone and stereo?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think Wireless charging is a waste. I was looking at adding it to my 2014, but with Apple Carplay in my car it is always plugged into USB getting charged up. Just my two cents.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
Longblackcaddy