Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2016 Cadillac CT6 3.6 Premium Luxury AWD, 2006 Cadillac CTS Sport 3.6 RWD <—Shitbox alert for this 1
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, does anyone else who has a 2016-2018 Cadillac CT6 have problems with their wireless charging pad? I usually just use the USB ports but when I decided to try out the wireless charging feature it didn’t work and still doesn’t. I made sure my phone case was off and placed my phone in every different direction possible and it just doesn’t wanna work. Any help will be appreciated!

· Registered
2019 CT6 Blackwing, 2014 CTS-V Sport,1987 Buick Grand National,1972 Pontiac,2018 Ram megacab stick
973 Posts
Mine stopped working when I was trying to find a fuse to power my radar detector and come to find out the big relay at the top of your dash fuse block powers that along with glove box. There's a lever that releases it I apparently hit. Pushed it in and worked again. Another thing to remember is some phones you have to activate wireless chargeing in settings and some phone cases don't work with wireless charging.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk

· Cadillac Owners Troll
2019 CT6 Sport 3.0TT,2015 Luxury ATS , 2016 ELR, and Volt
2,563 Posts
Hey all, does anyone else who has a 2016-2018 Cadillac CT6 have problems with their wireless charging pad? I usually just use the USB ports but when I decided to try out the wireless charging feature it didn’t work and still doesn’t. I made sure my phone case was off and placed my phone in every different direction possible and it just doesn’t wanna work. Any help will be appreciated!
If you have an Iphone it is not compatible. 2019 and up are. There is a retrofit kit for older models.

· Registered
2018 CT6 3.0TT Premium Luxury Steller Black exterior Peanut butter interior
133 Posts
You may need to update the charging pad. I had to. There was a post sometime ago. Some were able 5o get the dealer to do it. I didn't even try. Read this

· Registered
2017 Cadillac CT6 3.6 Premium Luxury
20 Posts
You may need to update the charging pad. I had to. There was a post sometime ago. Some were able 5o get the dealer to do it. I didn't even try. Read this
I have done this update on my 17, and it now works. It’s not hard to do at all.

· Registered
2018 CT6 3.0TT Premium Luxury Steller Black exterior Peanut butter interior
133 Posts
I have done this update on my 17, and it now works. It’s not hard to do at all.
The hardest was removing the rear trim piece around the temperature control panel. It not hard to do. Once I found that the panel wouldn't break it came off. The rest of it was easy.

· Registered
2016 CT6 3.6L Platinum
56 Posts
Second Murph, plastic trim tools makes light work of the disassembly. I figure if you drag your feet you could do it 30 minutes.

· Registered
03 EXT Sold / 11 CTS V Coupe sold / 15 CTS Vsport sold / 16 CT6 TT
260 Posts
Here is the Thread

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.