Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS Coupe
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the XT4 support Wireless Android Auto? I assume it does not, but I'd be encouraged to know that an update is planned in the future. The vehicle appears to have all the infrastructure to accommodate this feature.

Ideally, I'd love to have my phone wirelessly charging in the console and wirelessly connected to the head unit to use Android Auto. Am I the only person that's interested in this? :)

·
Registered
2012 CTS Coupe
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Brewster: Thank you for the response, but my question was in regard to WIRELESS Android Auto.

I realize the XT4 has Android Auto capability via USB. IMO, the location of the USB port under the head unit, makes it kind of clunky to use--especially when there is a nice wireless charger in the console.

Regards,

Jason

·
Registered
2012 CTS Coupe
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@inhollin I want to believe, but... are your sure?

Is it possible you're referring to standard Bluetooth connection? If not, I'd be very interested to learn how you were able to get it working.

·
Registered
2012 CTS Coupe
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@inhollin

Wow awesome. For whatever reason, this does not work for me. Are you connected to in vehicle WiFi?

I'd really appreciate any advice or instructions. ?

·
Registered
2012 CTS Coupe
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you ever need to connect your USB cable? Did you have to connect to the in vehicle WiFi?

·
Registered
2012 CTS Coupe
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In case anyone stumbles across this thread wanting to learn if WIRELESS Android Auto (are Car Play for that matter) is supported by the XT4:

The answer is NO. At least according to the "GM Infotainment Customer Support Team" as of Feb. 27th 2019.

@inhollin I have no idea how you're doing it. I suspect you misread my question and are using a USB cable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts