Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS V
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a complete beginner at car audio, but I do not mind tearing a car's interior apart to improve it. I went
through the DIY section and searches, but did not find what I am looking for.
I want bluetooth calling and music while keeping:
CD player
Onstar
DIC
Stock screen and buttons
Is there a way to have bluetooth capability without using an FM transmitter? Please excuse my
ignorance on the matter.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
188 Posts
BT-45 VETTE. Installed in my V and works great. Other than removing rear deck shelf, its an EASY install.

·
Registered
2005 CTS V
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BT-45 VETTE. Installed in my V and works great. Other than removing rear deck shelf, its an EASY install.
Thank you for the feedback. So phone calls and music (from phone) comes through your factory stereo? If so, I'm sold! Is the rear shelf where the XM module is located?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
188 Posts
Thank you for the feedback. So phone calls and music (from phone) comes through your factory stereo? If so, I'm sold! Is the rear shelf where the XM module is located?
Yes, and yes. Just bought a second unit for the HUMMER H2. Uses same BT-45VETTE unit...

Remove rear seat bottom, then seat back (see youtube for videos...there are more bolts than you'd expect), sail panels on both sides, and finally the rear deck (map deck sometimes called.) should slide out toward the front of the car. I ended up not being able to remove like it was glued at the back by rear window. Was able to carefully lift up on deck to gain 4-5" of clearance and got my hands in there for the install. Literally unplug from the XM unit, put the BT unit between (with supplied wiring - literally plug and play) and put everything back.

Works perfectly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts