Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Cadillac Brougham D'elegance
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am looking for some wire wheels for my 89 Brougham D'elegance, and I think I found a real nice set. Except they are 16 inch diameter rims that used to be on a 95 Seville, and from what I've read, my car takes 15's. Can someone please let me know if 16's also fit my car? I've been trying to figure out the specs online but have had a difficult time doing so. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Ram

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Jay! Can you please let me know how I could find the complete wheel specs to my car? I'm assuming 5x5 is approximate just because I had read somewhere that its 5x4.53 (115mm). Don't know exactly what I'm talking about as I'm pretty new to this. Also, any ideas where I could find those wheels online, used? Thanks again!
Ram

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
10,492 Posts
It's not approximate, it is exactly 5x5. The small GM pattern is 5x4.75. Chrysler and Ford used 5x4.5 on some mid sized.

Used, you just need to keep your eyes open on all the classified sets. Those of us that have them had to look for awhile...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beautiful ride man! Thanks for getting back to me. Will keep looking then...

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,769 Posts
Gentlemen, we've found Jay's new project/part out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again Jay! Very nice of you to point that ad out. The owner says that they do not want to part out the car, but to sell the car as is. But I emailed him to check just in case. Looking forward to hearing back from him. Although I imagine its not going to be cheap to ship it all the way out to Los Angeles.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,769 Posts
Wheel shipping is surprisingly not as bad as one might think. :)

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
10,492 Posts
If you want to buy it for parts, I will pick it up, and ship you whatever you want. I could use a couple things off the car, too. I have shipped wheels before, and know how to package them properly.

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
10,492 Posts
Believe it or not, the first set of wires that I picked up were painted GOLD! An afternoon with rust remover, a pressure washer, and a toothbrush had them looking good.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
For the price of the white one you can get a set of new wire wheels. Could be an OK price for the car tho depending on how good some of the other parts on it are.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi again Jay,
Thank you so much for offering your help. Its good to know that the cost of shipping is not that much, but I don't think I want to spend any more that say...$350. Maybe if enough people want parts, we can all put our money together and get the thing.
I was able to email the owner by the way. She said she was hoping to sell it whole, but if she didn't have any takers, she would be happy to part it out and contact me. I'll be waiting for now...But again, Thanks!!

As far as the one sprayed silver...I don't know about that one. The silver doesn't really do it for me. But thank you too for putting it out there.

Ram

·
Registered
'66 SDV, '76 FWB, '80 Hearse, '71 Riviera & '75 Chevy RV
531 Posts
Ha! I have seen those painted-silver wire wheels for sale in person. They were very, very very rusted and spent years on a taxi. That taxi driver himself also later informed me that two of those wheels were very badly bent. The biggest kick in the teeth is that the current owner of those wheels got them about 10 years ago for $50.00 for the whole set!!!! AVOID.

If you want a GOOD set of wire wheels in Nova Scotia you should be looking at this set, for the same money. I have bought from the seller before and he enjoys helping out rear-drive Caddy/GM owners.

http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-auto-parts-tires-tires-rims-4-CADILLAC-RWD-REAL-SPOKED-RIMS-W0QQAdIdZ265722732

I honestly am thinking of buying them... but I must be turning into a GM parts hoarder because I already own two complete sets, all with centers, and they're just stacked in my garage!

·
Registered
1978 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance, formerly a 1991 Brougham
18 Posts
If you want a GOOD set of wire wheels in Nova Scotia you should be looking at this set, for the same money. I have bought from the seller before and he enjoys helping out rear-drive Caddy/GM owners.

http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-auto-parts-tires-tires-rims-4-CADILLAC-RWD-REAL-SPOKED-RIMS-W0QQAdIdZ265722732

I honestly am thinking of buying them... but I must be turning into a GM parts hoarder because I already own two complete sets, all with centers, and they're just stacked in my garage!
I'm glad those are so far away. I'd be very tempted to spend money that I shouldn't...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi B_G,
Thank you for posting that ad! I went ahead and emailed the seller to see if he would be willing to sell me his without the tires as I already have those. Hope e does...
Do you want to sell one of your sets by any chance? Just curious.
Ram

1 - 20 of 31 Posts