Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Wire wheel sourcing

893 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  drmenard 
#1 ·
It's only money! However, I cannot justify spending $429 per WHEEL at Coker tire. Any alternate sources out there?

Thank you!

See less See more
#3 ·
Good - and the operative term is "good" - wire wheels aren't cheap. You want the retro look upgrade you're gonna pay big bucks.

Cheap out and I guarantee you'll be one unhappy camper.

Look into Dayton Wire Wheel - Dayton Wire Wheels
Replicas are fine for me. I found a used set of (3) Kelsey Hayes OEM wheels for super cheap-- reason being, the spoke attachment points to the rim barrel were cleanly rusted through! They are expensive scrap metal at this point. Can't believe the guy is trying to sell them, they are truly "junk"

Ebay has a good listing going on.. $750 for replicas (5 wheels total), $300 shipping (OUCH!)

Then, consider the wheels need to be media blasted, re-coated (powder or chrome, you choose), another $100 per wheel =$400

All-in, over $1400.00 for used wheels that *might not be round. Throw in another $100 per wheel for 2-4 of them to be straightened.

Better to buy new.

Thanks for the Dayton dude referral!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.