Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's only money! However, I cannot justify spending $429 per WHEEL at Coker tire. Any alternate sources out there?

Thank you!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,835 Posts
Good - and the operative term is "good" - wire wheels aren't cheap. You want the retro look upgrade you're gonna pay big bucks.

Cheap out and I guarantee you'll be one unhappy camper.

Look into Dayton Wire Wheel - Dayton Wire Wheels

·
Registered
Cadillac
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good - and the operative term is "good" - wire wheels aren't cheap. You want the retro look upgrade you're gonna pay big bucks.

Cheap out and I guarantee you'll be one unhappy camper.

Look into Dayton Wire Wheel - Dayton Wire Wheels
Replicas are fine for me. I found a used set of (3) Kelsey Hayes OEM wheels for super cheap-- reason being, the spoke attachment points to the rim barrel were cleanly rusted through! They are expensive scrap metal at this point. Can't believe the guy is trying to sell them, they are truly "junk"

Ebay has a good listing going on.. $750 for replicas (5 wheels total), $300 shipping (OUCH!)

Then, consider the wheels need to be media blasted, re-coated (powder or chrome, you choose), another $100 per wheel =$400

All-in, over $1400.00 for used wheels that *might not be round. Throw in another $100 per wheel for 2-4 of them to be straightened.

Better to buy new.

Thanks for the Dayton dude referral!

·
Registered
Cadillac
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's another one. Guy seems legit: Homestead

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
9,936 Posts
What are you going to put those on? Those wires are for 1950s Cadillacs. 1977-79 wheels are different, as are the 80-92 wheels.

·
Registered
'91 Brougham
76 Posts
I have owned both the wire hubcaps and wire wheels and personally, I always prefered the look of the hubcaps.

·
Registered
95 FWB 81SDV 96 FWB 94 Fleetwood
1,543 Posts
Those wheels pictured, like Jay said, are for early Caddies and I don't think they will fit on a car with disc brakes. Correct me if I am wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts