Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have sucessfully installed an aftermarket HU and subs in my 95 STS. Bypassing all factory amps etc. etc. The only thing left is to hook up my radio. From all the wiring diagrams I have seen, the power antenna wire is pink. I don't seem to have any pink wires?? Is my car an odd ball or am I just stupid?
If anyone has any help, much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
GRAMPACAR said:
I have sucessfully installed an aftermarket HU and subs in my 95 STS. Bypassing all factory amps etc. etc. The only thing left is to hook up my radio. From all the wiring diagrams I have seen, the power antenna wire is pink. I don't seem to have any pink wires?? Is my car an odd ball or am I just stupid?
If anyone has any help, much appreciated.
What wires do you have left that are there in your reach. That is a good way to start.
Or you can go in your trunk and find out what color the wires are there.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
My power antenna wire was blue. Then again mine is a 78. But it goes to show that wiring diagrams aren't 100%. Look for the wire coming from the actual power antenna unit and see what color it is there for a more definitive answer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
standard for car stereo wiring has power ant/remote as blue.
What do you mean by hooking up the radio? there are 2 antenna hooks aren't there?
One to tell the Antenna motor what to do and then one there the Antenna actually goes into the HU so that you have reception. maybe I am just thinking to hard. I do that sometimes

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just finished the installation of my aftermarket stereo. In my case ('94 STS) the color of the remote cable for the powerantenna is green. I hooked up directly at the antenna itself. You can find there 3 wires in line (beside the Antennawire). On one end is a black wire for ground, on the other end an orange one for Battery+. In the middle is the green remote wire which I connected with one of the remote wires for my amps. Note that my car was equipped with the Bose Gold system and as far as I understand the antenna is controled by the CDM box in the trunk. There is no wire that goes from the dashboard to the antenna.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the half a$$ explanation.
Basically I have bypassed all amps/cdm, I am trying to get the wire that controls the up/down (on/off) of the antenna so I can get the antenna up when the stereo turns on. I am reluctant to run 12v to any of the wires to test it until I know I am hooking to the right one. There are alot of wires going to the antenna. 7 or so on top and 20 or so on bottom. If BigM is talking about the same thing it might be green, which is apparently the same as the 95 Roadmasters and Allante. Thanks for the replys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts