Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac Escalade
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I missing something? Do the escalade's not offer automatic front wipers? I'm really disappointed if not, even my 05 jeep had automatic wipers! Please help me out...

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Had them for 2007-2009, then Caddy said take them away, and they did. Every other car I own have them, even my ctsv, just another reason I have been replacing my Caddy's, they just keep taking things away and raising the price. :(

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac Escalade
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess it's my fault for not thinking about asking about it before buying. I went from a Lincoln MKT to the Escalade mainly after more room. I got more room, but other than that the Lincoln blew it away!

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
924 Posts
I've grown accustomed to not having rainsense on the Escalade. That doesn't mean I like it. C'MON GM...OF ALL THE CHEAP LOUSY WAYS TO SAVE A BUCK.

Having said that, my bigger problem now is that, even on HI, the wipers are too slow to keep up with a heavy shower. HI speed on the Escalade is no faster than medium from the days when Cadillacs had delay, lo, medium, and hi. LO speed on my last DTS wasn't much slower than HI on the Escalade. PATHETIC.

·
Registered
2009 Escalade EXT, 2011 ZR1 , 2006 Z06, 2002 Avalanche
63 Posts
I've grown accustomed to not having rainsense on the Escalade. That doesn't mean I like it. C'MON GM...OF ALL THE CHEAP LOUSY WAYS TO SAVE A BUCK.

Having said that, my bigger problem now is that, even on HI, the wipers are too slow to keep up with a heavy shower. HI speed on the Escalade is no faster than medium from the days when Cadillacs had delay, lo, medium, and hi. LO speed on my last DTS wasn't much slower than HI on the Escalade. PATHETIC.
Try a Couple of Coats of Rainaway or RainX. You will not need to have the wipers on high speed.
You can Actually drive in the rain without the wipers, don't recomend doing it but it does work good.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
275 Posts
Well my wipers work great, I do keep the blades replaced but I have never had a problem in heavy rain. The wipers will even clean the windshield if it gets to dirty. And when it rains hard they are very fast. This is one item I am glad to have.

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
924 Posts
Try a Couple of Coats of Rainaway or RainX. You will not need to have the wipers on high speed.
You can Actually drive in the rain without the wipers, don't recomend doing it but it does work good.
Use it, and the RainX washer fluid. Just doesn't seem to last, which is odd as I've used RainX for years and never had any problems. Wouldn't be such a problem now if not for the wipers being so slow.

----------

Well my wipers work great, I do keep the blades replaced but I have never had a problem in heavy rain. The wipers will even clean the windshield if it gets to dirty. And when it rains hard they are very fast. This is one item I am glad to have.
They're great as far as coverage and keeping the windshield clean, even driving at 80mph+, they stay firmly against the windshield. They're just REALLY SSLLOOWW, even on HI. First time I used HI speed, I checked as I thought I'd somehow turned them back to LO as they were that slow.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Next Gen Escalade should have. It is surprising that the flagship Caddy doesn't have but ... I'd bet 2014 will

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV
36 Posts
I was thinking of this post tonight while driving home in the rain and how much I hate auto wipers. They either wipe when they don't need to or not at all when they should. Has been the case on the last 7-8 cars I've had with them. Never liked them and probably never will. I would rather have good old intermittent wipe that I set to whichever setting works for my situation. RainX does work great when applied to the windshield. From what I've heard the solvent can/will (over time) cause delamination of chrome and painted trim.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts