1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 97 SLS, the upper 1 inch of the drivers side wiper
blade doesn't wipe too good. I tried replacement refills with
the Cadillac arms and the complete replacement of both. The
book calls for 22" but could I put 21" on? Has anyone tried this?
Thanks
97 SLS
Bob

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Sure, you COULD put on a smaller size, but it may not fit good, it will move around, and really isnt worth it.... You might as well get the 22.....

Why would you only want 21 of it calls for 22??

Have you tried new arms also?? They could be bent out of spec?

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Wes. I'll stick with the 22". Golf clubs in trunk?.....
Hmm... I rent my clubs but I keep about 50 balls in the
trunk!

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
I have oodles of balls in the trunk also!! The golf clubs have gotten used to their new home, there isnt a time when they either are in the trunk on playing golf!!

·
Registered
98 Eldorado
214 Posts
I just picked up replacement wiper blades for my 94 Eldorado. After two hours of trying to replace them (I couldn't even get the old ones off) I resorted to the internet. One site said "The most frustrating thing on working on a car is replacing the wiper blades". That was an understatement but they never gave a clue as to how to do it. Everything I find says to push down on the tab and pop the wiper off. Easier said than done. I have the 3/16" pin type. I could go to a garage but my pride says this is too easy a job for that and besides it's Saturday afternoon and everything is closed. Need help.

·
Registered
98 Deville, '15 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium, '12 Ford Escape
3,294 Posts
the 3/16 pin type? Is this the kind where the pin sticks into the wiper blade? my deville was like that. It was fairly simple to get them off, UNLESS they had not been replaced in years and years. there is a plastic tab i would push down on and then pull the blade off the pin.
The wipers i cant stand are the kind where the end of the arm has a hook that the wiper goes into, those throw me every single time I go to replace the wiper blades. the guys at napa make it look so damn easy.:banghead:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts