Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Deville N*, 2005 CTS V6
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a plug that goes to the wiper motor? (97 Deville)

My wipers dont work and the fuse is brand new. Where might the wiper motor be?

Thanks

·
Registered
1992 Sedan Deville, 1984 Lincoln Town Car
759 Posts
the motor is driver side under hood rear corner engine compartment behind the wheelhouse.

·
Registered
759 Posts
it could be that if your radio got the same no power problem, but you could switch out the relay to verify with one of the others in the relay center.

The wiper motor itself has an internal circuit breaker that opens if something (eg.ice, snow) are blocking it so it doesn't burn up trying.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet.. Saturday I will make these wipers work! The radio works, and the 30Amp fuse is good.
How do you go about "closing" the circuit breaker if this is indeed the cause?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Is the motor DEAD dead or does it try to work and then stop?
For "Wipers do not operate in any mode" procedure you need a 12 V test light or VOM.

·
Registered
759 Posts
The motor internal circuit breaker is supposed to reset when the motor cools down, so unless there is a clear load on the motor like cement, snow, ice, bird doo-doo, etc. it probably reset itself. Electrically, if you desire to DIY or get someone who can test the circuit for you, here is the basic wiring info.
There are 2 connectors on the motor itself unplug those for this test. on the smaller one at the end of the cylindrical part of the motor, Ign in RUN or ACC, wiper switch ON HIGH check for 12V between the Purple wire and the Black wire. The other connector on the motor cover check for 12V with Ign in RUN, wiper switch OFF between the Dark Green wire and the Dark Blue wire OR the black wire from the other connector. If the voltages are there, then something inside the motor may be fried and not worth fixing, just replace it. I would take it apart but I am nuts, so can't recommend it for anyone else. Lol!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, so i finally got a sunny day on a weekend and decided to tackle this wiper issue. My GAWD~
My ACC relay block was in bad shape. I went to the junkyard and cut out a new one. Some splicing, some new ends and a lil tape...

Badda bing badda Boom!

wipers work now, fuse box looks great and all is well... fixing your own problems feels waay better than sending your car off to some hack who wants you to be happy about getting robbed~

1 - 9 of 9 Posts