Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS 4 3.6l Premium
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi has anyone had issues when it’s raining and the wiper cleans the window on the first pass but when returning leaves streaks and a blurry mess.
I live in Vancouver where in the winter it pretty much rains all winter and it’s very annoying and hard to drive when your vision is obscured half the time.

·
Registered
2014 CTS 4 3.6l Premium
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the very first thing I did, actually the windshield was replaced, I had the same issue with that windshield too.
here is the issue I’m having, only on the return stroke. It’s driving me nuts.
1571440120757.jpeg

·
Registered
2018 CTS 3.6L AWD Premium Luxury, Previous: 2009 STS 3.6L AWD, 2003 DTS 4.6L
386 Posts
Maybe you need to replace the wiper arm?? Something to try.......

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yes the very first thing I did, actually the windshield was replaced, I had the same issue with that windshield too.
here is the issue I’m having, only on the return stroke. It’s driving me nuts. View attachment 573845
Are you using OEM replacement blades?

·
Registered
2014 CTS 4 3.6l Premium
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe you need to replace the wiper arm?? Something to try.......
I was hoping to hear similar stories, the service end at my dealer is useles, robots only trained to change parts. Had them look at windshield because I also had fine erratic scratches in angles that the wiper doesn’t travel and i got a bill for new wipers, still same issue and they eventually replaced the windshield, I think some one out of the wash bay tried to scrub the windshield clean ... ;)
I thought maybe there is a coating that is failing on the glass as I can clearly see the windshield wiper path and end points, and I have never got them to clean off and didn’t want to venture into solvents. Maybe I’ll take it to a glass shop.
thxs !

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,266 Posts
Ever consider changing the blades kemosabe?
using quality wiper blades is essential. Also need to super clean the windshield. Go to YouTube and search on super clean windshield. Believe it or not, you can start with steel wool. If you're trying to build a case for defect or warranty on a five year old car, not likely you'll get far.

·
Registered
2016 ATS4 2.0T and a bunch of other stuff....
640 Posts
I use a claybar on my windshield when I hand wash. Clean the wiper blades with washer solvent. Use a quality blade - I prefer Bosch Icons.

·
Registered
2014 CTS 4 3.6l Premium
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
using quality wiper blades is essential. Also need to super clean the windshield. Go to YouTube and search on super clean windshield. Believe it or not, you can start with steel wool. If you're trying to build a case for defect or warranty on a five year old car, not likely you'll get far.
Oh yeah I’ve milked every bit out of the manufacturer’s warranty and still on extended. have heard about 000 steelwool, the blades are OEM , did try to buy a pair of Bosch but were out of stock...

·
Registered
2016 ATS4 2.0T and a bunch of other stuff....
640 Posts
Washer solvent?
Wet a folded paper towel with it and pinch the blade in it rubbing end to end. Amazing how much crap will come off of them.

·
Registered
2014 CTS 4 3.6l Premium
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
clay bar & wax it is, and I happen to have both.
thxs for everyone’s help, will report back if it didn’t work.
THXS

·
Registered
2015 SRX LUX 2014 CTS LUX Phantom Grey (previously 2008 STS)
1,971 Posts
I use a claybar on my windshield when I hand wash. Clean the wiper blades with washer solvent. Use a quality blade - I prefer Bosch Icons.
Clay bar works wonders on the windshield!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Do they have the same attachment mechanism without using an adapter, if so, do you have a link or part number?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts