Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I came across a new problem today. When I hit the wiper washer spray button for the windshield, I hear the hum of the electric motor but no fluid comes out. It works perfectly fine for the rear window. When I stepped outside the vehicle and hit the windshield button, all the fluid leaks down behind the engine. Obviously I have a leak. Has anyone ever come across this problem and any thoughts on where to start chasing lines? I have an '07 with the heated wiper fluid which still fully functional.

Thanks
Tim

·
Registered
2006 Escalade ESV
180 Posts
I just had the same issue with my 2006 rear washer. Front worked fine, but rear caused a puddle behind the front drivers side tire. I found the hose connection just next to the fuse box under the hood by the battery had somehow gotten disconnected. Re-connected and no puddles. Rear washer working fine now. Recommend you just follow the hoses out of the washer reservoir and you will see where they connect together. One of your connections has separated. You should be able to fix without having to crawl under the truck.

·
Registered
'16 VSport (wife's), '10 Escalade, '97 & '02 SS Camaro's, '15 Silverado LTZ
1,131 Posts
I just had the same issue with my 2006 rear washer. Front worked fine, but rear caused a puddle behind the front drivers side tire. I found the hose connection just next to the fuse box under the hood by the battery had somehow gotten disconnected. Re-connected and no puddles. Rear washer working fine now. Recommend you just follow the hoses out of the washer reservoir and you will see where they connect together. One of your connections has separated. You should be able to fix without having to crawl under the truck.
Had the same problem with my Eldorado five or six years back, there was a splice connector that had came unmade at one end. I remade the connection and used a small black tye-wrap to secure and it still works fine.

·
Registered
2006 Escalade ESV
180 Posts
2kflhr said:
Had the same problem with my Eldorado five or six years back, there was a splice connector that had came unmade at one end. I remade the connection and used a small black tye-wrap to secure and it still works fine.
The small zip tie is a good call. I'll do that as well. Had the same issue with my 2010 Ford Explorer. Guessing they separate during the winter if they expand? Or possible when having service done on the vehicles.

·
Registered
2007 CTS, 2007 ESV
263 Posts
Interesting, I took my wiper arms off to paint them and found a pinched cracked line on the passenger arm check the line inside the arms I bet it's cracked there. Looks like perhaps another common flaw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts