Cadillac Owners Forum banner
101 - 120 of 125 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Took the Blackwing out for a drive this weekend, and I'm still impressed with the A/S 4's, but I don't think the PS4S's are going anywhere.

The last car I did this comparison with was my ND Miata. Came with Bridgestone S001 Summer tires... which were kind of crap. I put Continental DWS 06 all seasons on it, and never felt the need to take them back off. They lost some turn-in response over the Bridgestones, but actually felt to me like they had more overall grip. That may have been because the Bridgestones had a very sharp falloff at the edge of traction, and the Continentals were much more progressive.

For the Cadillac I'm comparing two tires from the same manufacturer, both considered best in class, so I guess it's not too surprising there's a more noticeable difference between them. The PS4S's definitely have more grip once they're warmed up... but obviously that's nearly impossible to do right now. The A/S 4's are consient at all times, though lack the limit grip of a warmed-up set of PS4S's. Turn-in response actually feels pretty similar. Ride quality and road noise seem pretty similar as well.

Anyway, that's a long-winded way of saying I'm going hunting for an OEM set of tech bronze wheels, as I do feel I'm going to want the PS4S's back on the car come April.
Just got an email saying the wheels are shipping. That was faster than I was expecting, but that's nice. Should be able to get those mounted and ready for Spring before Spring actually gets here.

· Registered
22 CT4-V BW
72 Posts
I ordered from gmpartsdirect.com, as the dealer that runs it is only a couple states away. They don't have the most consistent reputation, but I ordered on November 21st, and had the wheels on December 9th with no drama.
Thanks for the info! Here are the tech bronze part numbers. Obviously shop around. Prices are all over the place
Font Parallel Handwriting Number Circle

· Registered
112 Posts
Thanks for the info! Here are the tech bronze part numbers. Obviously shop around. Prices are all over the place
View attachment 628439
Yep. They're one of the lower ones I found too. Still not cheap, but between things not being in stock, fitment questions, and some options actually being more expensive than OEM, I just gave up and ordered an OEM set.

· Registered
22 CT4-V BW
72 Posts
Yep. They're one of the lower ones I found too. Still not cheap, but between things not being in stock, fitment questions, and some options actually being more expensive than OEM, I just gave up and ordered an OEM set.
I ended ordering them through GMPARTSWAREHOUSE. $2780 shipped.
PS4s are going on these and the Pilot Sport All Season 4s on the stockers. $700 per wheel is great if they're really forged.

· Registered
112 Posts
I ended ordering them through GMPARTSWAREHOUSE. $2780 shipped.
PS4s are going on these and the Pilot Sport All Season 4s on the stockers. $700 per wheel is great if they're really forged.
I'll add some info I've gathered from a little bit of research. The two other options are made by SAI, which is mostly known for forged wheels. They definitely are forged. The tech bronze wheels are made by Dicastal, which is largely known for cast aluminum wheels, but they do also make forged wheels. Inspecting the wheels themselves, they're a bit on the heavy side (I don't have a scale that can weigh them, but the box weight was 33 pounds each, so I'd guess they're in the high 20 pound range), which would lead me to thinking they're cast, but they don't have any of the hallmarks of casting (the spokes are solid, casting would typically have a hollow channel through each one).

· Registered
10 Posts
Cross post from cadillacvnet:

Mine came out to $2600 after rebates and cashback offers for a full set of Apex Wheels, 225/245 Michelin AS4s, and required accessories.

My local shop did the install and balancing for $120, and even threw the car up on a lift and let me take some pictures :).

I selected the Relearn TPMS on the dash cluster, and have had zero issues.

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Screenshot

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Tire Automotive design Mode of transport Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Automotive exterior Auto part

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Wheel Light

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Automotive design

· Registered
22 CT4-V BW
72 Posts
I'll add some info I've gathered from a little bit of research. The two other options are made by SAI, which is mostly known for forged wheels. They definitely are forged. The tech bronze wheels are made by Dicastal, which is largely known for cast aluminum wheels, but they do also make forged wheels. Inspecting the wheels themselves, they're a bit on the heavy side (I don't have a scale that can weigh them, but the box weight was 33 pounds each, so I'd guess they're in the high 20 pound range), which would lead me to thinking they're cast, but they don't have any of the hallmarks of casting (the spokes are solid, casting would typically have a hollow channel through each one).
My tech bronze set arrived today. Made is China.
Font Material property Electric blue Rectangle Parallel

· Registered
22 CT4-V BW
72 Posts
Seriously? That’s awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, but I think they are forged and the same company supplies wheels to the following:
Mercedes-Benz, BWW, Audi, VW, GM, Ford, Stellantis, Renault–Nissan-Mitsubishi, Toyota, Honda, Mazda, Hyundai-Kia,

The last few sets of Signature forged and BC forged wheels I purchased shipped from Taiwan. U.S. produced Forgeline wheels or another brand will cost $2k per whee

· Registered
112 Posts
Yeah, but I think they are forged and the same company supplies forged wheels to the following so the quality should be good:

Germany – BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Audi, Porsche, VW ,Opel,Volvo
Italy – Ferrari
UK – Bentley, Jaguar, Land Rover, Rolls Royce, McLaren, Lotus
USA - General Motors, Ford, Chrysler, Karma, Faraday Future
Japan – Toyota, Honda
Australia – HSV

The last few sets of Signature forged and BC forged wheels I purchased shipped from Taiwan. U.S. produced Forgeline wheels or another brand will cost $2k per wheel. View attachment 629199
Have a look at the etching on the inside of the wheels. My set was made by Dicastal, not SAI like the other two wheel options.

· Registered
2022 CT4 V Blackwing Electric Blue
8 Posts
Recently purchased a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE990AS+ after thorough YouTube research on all season tire snow performance. About 1000 miles in and they are great so far. Haven’t seen any snow yet, but their cold weather performance is impressive (sub 20 degrees). Additionally, there is a noticeable decrease in road noise over the Michelin PS4S which is expected. Side note, availability/lead time was much quicker than ordering the Michelin equivalent. PFA. When winter is over I’ll be throwing the summer tires back on a set of 2 piece BC Forged wheels.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive parking light

· Registered
112 Posts
Recently purchased a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE990AS+ after thorough YouTube research on all season tire snow performance. About 1000 miles in and they are great so far. Haven’t seen any snow yet, but their cold weather performance is impressive (sub 20 degrees). Additionally, there is a noticeable decrease in road noise over the Michelin PS4S which is expected. Side note, availability/lead time was much quicker than ordering the Michelin equivalent. PFA. When winter is over I’ll be throwing the summer tires back on a set of 2 piece BC Forged wheels. View attachment 629727
I found the RE980AS+, no RE990AS+ (typo?). Looks like the same deal as with the Continental DWS 06+, they are available in the OEM sizes, just not in the OEM weight ratings. Which, like I said a while back, is probably not going to cause any issues (unless maybe you tried tracking them or something).

Getting my Summer set mounted to the new OEM wheels this morning. Which BC wheels are you going with? If you've found something that works, we'd love to have it documented here for other future owners.

· Registered
22 CT4-V BW
72 Posts
I had the summer tires mounted to the new OEMs last week, 1 balanced so well it didn't need any weight.

The Pilot Sport All Season 4s worked awesome in light snow, now issues at all.Wet traction is impressive and road noise is improved. I'm very impressed with them.

Cloud Sky Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire Bicycle part Tread

· Registered
2016 ATS4 2.0T and a bunch of other stuff....
993 Posts
I had the summer tires mounted to the new OEMs last week, 1 balanced so well it didn't need any weight.
That's awesome - and fairly rare.
I've only seen it a few times, only once on my own vehicle, and I sold tires for almost 30 years!!

101 - 120 of 125 Posts