Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just picked up my CT4-V BW. Live in an area that gets snow in the Winter. Does anyone know if there is a GM approved Winter wheel/tire set for the CT4-V BW yet? I can’t find it anywhere and my dealer did not know. Where can I look to find out? Thank you.

· Administrator
'05 CTS-V
9,317 Posts
I've never heard of GM offering a "GM approved winter wheel/tire set" for any car. If you've seen that before, I'm guessing it was a dealer thing.

I'm not familiar with what the CT4-V BW's brake setup is. Do you know any of the specs? It only comes with 18" wheels, so I would imagine the brake clearance requirements are similar to other Caddy/GM Brembo setups, in which case it shouldn't be too hard to find some aftermarket 18" wheels to throw some winter tires on.

· Registered
53 Posts
I have a BW on order that probably won't be ready until late October, so I am going to need a winter wheel setup asap. Tire Rack doesn't have anything listed yet, but I imagine they'll have to at some point. I was able to a winter tire/wheel set for my ATS-V no problem.

· Registered
53 Posts
My dealer said the thread on the lugnuts might be diff on the CT4-BW vs ATS-V. But you can prob just use the OEM lug nuts, assuming the diameter fits (my OEM and winter wheel set had different thickness lug nuts so I had to always switch them)

My dealer placed the order a few weeks ago and that's the time they quoted me. I have no idea if it's true, but they told me that Cadillac isn't making any regular CT4/5's right now and are prioritizing the higher MSRP Blackwings. Hopefully that is true. I would find that odd though, because you'd think Cadillac would be concerned about making their volume models.

I need to contact them to give me the status info so I can look myself.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I emailed TireRack and will follow up with them. Hopefully they’ll have a winter set or two available soon that fits the CT4-V BW. If anyone hears anything before please update us.

Btw, I’ve only had it less than a week and am using it as a daily driver. The car is so beautiful and the 6M is so smooth. My last car was a WRX which has a very different manual feel. I’m still in the break in period so haven’t really pushed it yet.

· Registered
3 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Don't know when my order will arrive but do know winter is not too far off.

I guess I could order the all-season Michelins, but I cringe at the idea of having the tires swapped every season on the stock rims.

Do ATS-V wheels fit the CT4-V BW? Has anyone tried yet?

· Administrator
'05 CTS-V
9,317 Posts
Someone needs to pull off a front and a rear wheel and see what they say on the back side. GM typically casts or etches the fitment info on the back. That will allow you to figure out if ATS-V wheels will fit (or other Caddy wheels). Basically every model has Brembos at least as an option, and the 6-piston calipers don't require any more spoke clearance than the 4-pistons, so there may be plentiful OEM wheel options that would serve as cheap winter wheels (cheap assuming you pick up a used set).

· Registered
12 Posts
Someone needs to pull off a front and a rear wheel and see what they say on the back side. GM typically casts or etches the fitment info on the back. That will allow you to figure out if ATS-V wheels will fit (or other Caddy wheels). Basically every model has Brembos at least as an option, and the 6-piston calipers don't require any more spoke clearance than the 4-pistons, so there may be plentiful OEM wheel options that would serve as cheap winter wheels (cheap assuming you pick up a used set).
I agree that pulling the wheels and finding out the wheel offset and size will help. However, the caliper of the CT4 BW might be different than what's in the 6 piston Camaro/Corvette GS, which means measurements might be sensitive to wheel barrel size.

· Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, Vector Blue/Black, 6MT
1,035 Posts
The CT4 BW is basically an update of the ATS-V. The tire sizes are the same, and I bet the wheels are the same width as the ATS-V sedan, so I'd be shocked if the offsets or anything else would be different. I'd say 99% probability that the ATS-V wheels would work on the BW, and vice versa. The ATS-V wheels might be a pound or two heavier (haven't seen the stats yet), but nothing that would be noticeable. The dealer should be able to get the information, in any event.

· Registered
1,384 Posts
2022 CT4-V Blackwing

with RPO R37

Wheels 18" aluminum alloy with Satin Graphite finish.

84319210 18x9 Front
84319214 18x9 1/2 Rear

32mm offset 5x120

With Brembo

[MOD EDIT] The 32mm offset is apparently not correct. See post #80 for pictures that Novakin took of the size markings on his BW's wheels. Actual specs are:
18x9" +28mm front
18x9.5" +48mm rear

· Registered
3 Posts
My concern is the spokes clearing the Bembos. Twice on previous cars I've tried fitting wheels that where from the same car brand, same width, diameter, offset and lug pattern only to have the caliper conflict with the back of the spokes. They bolted on but the wheels wouldn't turn, so it was close. I've found that wheels with the same back spacing doesn't always guarantee they're interchangeable, all else being equal.

My guess is that the ATS-V wheels should work, but until someone bolts a set onto the CT4V BW it's just that...a guess.

I like the idea of a square set for winter tires.

· Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, Vector Blue/Black, 6MT
1,035 Posts
The ATS-V has 15.1 inch front Brembos with 6 piston calipers, which are huge. Two piece rotors also, so should be very similar to the CT4 V BW set-up. I've always been amazed that they were able to fit all of that into 18" wheels. My guess is that the brakes are very similar. No-one ever complained about the braking performance of the ATS-V. The dealership may have some wheels to try it on first, but I bet they will fit just fine. Remember that the fronts and the rears are different, with the rears being wider and more deeply dished. Plus, the rear brakes are smaller, with smaller, 4 piston calipers, so the front would be the area most likely to have a fit problem, if there is one.

· Registered
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
8 Posts
I have a BW on order that probably won't be ready until late October, so I am going to need a winter wheel setup asap. Tire Rack doesn't have anything listed yet, but I imagine they'll have to at some point. I was able to a winter tire/wheel set for my ATS-V no problem.
Hi Warren
I'm in the same boat as you are, BW suppose to arrive late November. Looking for winter rims & tires as well. FAST Wheels lists rims for the car just not sure what size tires going to go with, all 4 - 255/35 ZR18 or go narrower to get better tracking in the snow like 245/35 ZR18 and sacrifice traction when it's dry out?

· Registered
53 Posts
Hi Warren
I'm in the same boat as you are, BW suppose to arrive late November. Looking for winter rims & tires as well. FAST Wheels lists rims for the car just not sure what size tires going to go with, all 4 - 255/35 ZR18 or go narrower to get better tracking in the snow like 245/35 ZR18 and sacrifice traction when it's dry out?
Nice thanks for the website tip! I used to run 255/275 35R18's blizzaks on my ats-v and had pretty good success. Do you feel a square setup is a better idea for the additional traction?

1 - 20 of 125 Posts