Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife gave me the go-ahead (I NEVER thought she would) to get another set of wheels for the Avon A/Ss I just got, but I'm definitely budget minded. My question is: Should I get 1) the Mille Miglia MM-S set for $716 at Tirerack, 2) the set at gmpartsdirect (PN 17800210) for $1425, or 3) go to e-bay and buy reconditioned OEMs for about $1600? :confused: Any thoughts are exceedingly welcome.:welcome:

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you're budget minded, I'd go used. There are a few folks selling used wheels. The ones on ebay don't tend to be a good deal.

·
13,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FrankRizzo said:
There are a few folks selling used wheels.
I don't think that anyone is currently selling used OEM wheels ... seems like they go REALLY FAST around here. Anybody got any?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I would go with the MM-s for winter as I did last year. They work fine and look good. Unless you can get a steal on a set of used stockers,which I haven't seen happen as of yet. Jeff

·
13,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
veloce said:
I would go with the MM-s for winter as I did last year. They work fine and look good. Jeff
What's your opinion vis-a-vis the gmpartsdirect wheels? Can they really justify twice the cost of the MMs?

·
13,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dreamin said:
A narrower wheel is better for the snow. (MMs are 8" - stockers are 8.5")[/QUOTE
I guess I would understand this if the tire also was narrower, but my Avons are 245/45WR18s ... how would the wheel being narrower make a difference given the same tire? I mean, there may a rational reason, but I'm not seeing it. (BTW, I appreciate your input ... thanks.:))

·
Registered
895 Posts
Stock CTS also has 17 inch wheels, which wouldn't fit around the V's brakes also.

There are deals out there. Check on line. You could probably get a set of 4 OEM wheels for around $1300.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
rand49er said:
Dreamin said:
A narrower wheel is better for the snow. (MMs are 8" - stockers are 8.5")[/QUOTE
I guess I would understand this if the tire also was narrower, but my Avons are 245/45WR18s ... how would the wheel being narrower make a difference given the same tire? I mean, there may a rational reason, but I'm not seeing it. (BTW, I appreciate your input ... thanks.:))
Tire contact patch is narrower on a narrower rim.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Do any of you guys have those Millie Miglia wheels from tirerack.com mounted on your car? Could you post a few pictures if you do? I'm curious to see what they really look like on the actual car!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts