Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
none
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello -- first time poster here. I'm considering high performance sports sedans to replace my 2007 Corvette and leased Subaru (winter vehicle). The list has narrowed to the CTS-V or BMW M3 and I'm doing due diligence on both cars.

Winter travel in Maine is always a challenge and snow tires are a must for RWD cars. Upon searching this forum, I found one positive report from a Chicago based member on the Pirelli Sottozero 240. These are apparently the only snow tires available in OEM sizes for the 2009 CTS-V as far as I can determine.

Would other owners have experience with the Pirelli Sottozero tires or recommend other snow tire options?

·
Registered
None
143 Posts
Bridgestone Blizzak LM-25 are a great snow tire.

They come in 255/35-19 and 265/35-19 which will fit the front and back stock rims. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver
867 Posts
In the winter not caring to be all that stylist, who has the best wheels
at a decent price? I'd like to be able to have the best of both worlds

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Sottos are on closeout at the Tire Rack now. Planning on snagging a set before they are all gone. Then I STILL have to find a spare set of stock wheels. Is there a way to contact the supplier directly to get those!

·
Registered
none
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the follow-up posts.

The Tire Rack website recommends 255/40R19 all around for the 2009 CTS-V. That size is available only in the Sottozero 240 series and the Bridgestone Blizzak LM-22 series (not available in LM-25).

Tire Rack apparently believes the rear OEM rear tire size is too wide and tends to "plow" a wide path through snow which causes more resistance. This approach seems consistent with their recommendations for other high performance cars. Anyone have experience with the LM-22 Blizzaks?

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V; 2005 STS-4; 2003 Escalade
36 Posts
I hate to think about winter in August already, but I did order a set of Pirelli Winter 240 Sottozero in OEM sizes from Tire Rack today for this upcoming winter.

Tire Rack has the front 255/40-19 availability as "in stock" but also still lists them as "closeout" on the front sizes. It states "They are, however, available only until our current inventory is depleted." Just a heads up for those thinking about picking up Sottozeros for this upcoming winter.

Tire Rack will have Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60s that should fit front/rear. I've never tried the Sottozeros, thought I'd try them based on the posts here. I have had good luck with Blizzaks in the past on other vehicles.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
They have been on "closeout" since March, and the rear tires were on "closeout" until the last month or so. :) Just an FYI as I check this on a regular basis. I thought the price would go down during the summer....but nope.

Apparently, GM tested the Pirellis on this car and so that's what I went with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts