Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I’ve got a 2016 CTS 2.0 AWD Luxury with the factory 17” wheels & some all season run flats (245/45R17) but I want to get a nice set of winter tires. I’m looking at some 225/55/17R Blizzaks on sale but on all the websites it says they are not compatible. Is that because they know they aren’t run flats or because they aren’t the same as the originals? Any advice in general or recommended sizes would be greatly appreciated!

Also, what are you guys running as far as winter tires and setups?

I know this is a rookie question so thank you in advance!

·
Registered
18 XT5 / 18 CTS 3.6 AWD
746 Posts
Getting a set of Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3's on this Tuesday. I've run these tires for years in the Ontario winters and they are great, the best actually. And they have a size that fits the CTS. I ran these on my RWD 08 CTS, my current FWD XT5, and now on my 2018 CTS. Go for it, they always come out on the top of the pack for performance.

·
Registered
2016 CTS
19 Posts
I have the same car as you. The AWD, together with good tires with plenty of tread, are all I need for the winter. FWIW: I'm running Michelin Primacy Tour All Season radials (non-run flat) on 17 in. wheels, 245/45R17. Never had a problem in Ohio winters.

·
Registered
18 XT5 / 18 CTS 3.6 AWD
746 Posts
I have the same car as you. The AWD, together with good tires with plenty of tread, are all I need for the winter. FWIW: I'm running Michelin Primacy Tour All Season radials (non-run flat) on 17 in. wheels, 245/45R17. Never had a problem in Ohio winters.
Bad idea if you get any type of real winter. All seasons do nothing for snow and are dangerous on ice. It's not even debatable, look at any test of all season vs winters. The all season people with AWD SUV's are the ones in the ditch. With AWD yes you might be able to move forward OK, but stopping is the big problem and what you think is a good stopping distance would be considerably shorter with winters on. To Joey315, if you are in a state that has snow on the ground for 3 or more months, get winters for sure.

·
Registered
2016 CTS 2.0 AWD Luxury
1,034 Posts
Joey315, I have the same car you do. It's wearing Blizzak WS80 245/45R/17. The car is a flying saucer sled on the factory RFT. I'm in N. E Ohio.

If you remember driving the Cadillacs that held the road running all seasons this is not one of them. I never put winters on any of my other Cads but would not drive this one without them.

The tire is $148.04 at Tire Rack.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Performance Coupe -3.6 DI 6 Speed Manual
544 Posts
If you are buying 4 new tires it could be OK what you need to be aware of is that the 225x55 are a little over an inch taller than the 245x45 and your speedometer will be slow as revs per mile will be decreased by 41.
On an all wheel drive you need to keep the diameter of the 4 tires the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts