Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my CTS today (1sb, sports suspension, cashmere, neutral) and want to get a set of winter tires on 16" CTS take-off wheels. Will there be a fitment problem when I remove the 17" wheels and replace them with 16" winter wheels / tires?

·
Registered
ATS AWD Luxury Turbo
150 Posts
c5 rv said:
I picked up my CTS today (1sb, sports suspension, cashmere, neutral) and want to get a set of winter tires on 16" CTS take-off wheels. Will there be a fitment problem when I remove the 17" wheels and replace them with 16" winter wheels / tires?

You should be good to go :coolgleam

·
Registered
2003 CTS Lux/Sport 5-Spd
23 Posts
I have the 17" wheels/tires and live in SE Michigan which usually gets a moderate amount of snow. Rear wheel drive, high torque, and wider profile (than most ordinary cars) are all factors that diminish wet and snow traction, but after driving the car last winter I think the factory tires are OK. They tend to spin which can definitely be controlled and fun, so just be careful and remember that the car cannot accelerate, brake or turn as fast as usual. Sure, the AWD German sedans, 4wd Big 3 trucks and soccer mom SUVs will try and fly past you, but once they exceed the limits of adhesion, they too will slide.

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Message heard & understood. I'll give it a try with the stock tires this winter and see how it goes. Hmm, that leaves money for a mesh grille now...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just put the 16's on, and just went out in the snow. OF course I had to turn around because the roads around here are totally gridlocked with our first snow of the year. But it went pretty good. I am VERY happy so far with the Dunlops.

I don't think you'll find the 17" with normal tires much use in the snow. See the recent post over at ********* from the guy who just tried it!

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts