Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
07 CTS w/ performance pkg, 18" wheel pkg
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know winter is over. Just planning for next year.

We just got our 07 with the wheel pkg. My wife is nervous about the rwd (it's her car btw)

I'd like to go down from 18's to 17's or possibly 16's. I'd like to keep the cost down as much as possible. And the O.D. as close to the stock 18's as possible mainly so she actually knows how fast she is going. (right now, comparing to GPS the speedometer is about 2 mph fast)

I'm looking for wheel/tire package deal.

So what kind of suggestions do you have?

·
Registered
They should make a new model name for mine but I guess a CTS
271 Posts
I have a set of the 16's with bridgestone blizzacks i would like to sell the tires have about 5 thousand miles on them

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you be more specific on size? Also how many miles do blizzacks normally go?

·
Registered
'05 CTS 3.6L
102 Posts
Just an FYI ... The Service Manual recommends Blizzak LM22's for this car. Not sure why that particular tire ... anyone know the history behind this?

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Blizzacks are king. I've got them on my 16" stock rims. Night & Day.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
I know winter is over. Just planning for next year.

We just got our 07 with the wheel pkg. My wife is nervous about the rwd (it's her car btw)

I'd like to go down from 18's to 17's or possibly 16's. I'd like to keep the cost down as much as possible. And the O.D. as close to the stock 18's as possible mainly so she actually knows how fast she is going. (right now, comparing to GPS the speedometer is about 2 mph fast)

I'm looking for wheel/tire package deal.

So what kind of suggestions do you have?
Which wheel package do you have? Do you have the strut tower brace? IF you do, 16's will not fit. You'll need at least 17's to clear the caliper.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Which wheel package do you have? Do you have the strut tower brace? IF you do, 16's will not fit. You'll need at least 17's to clear the caliper.
We have the 12 spoke 18's and yes we have the strut tower brace, which I assume that means bigger brakes too. I was wondering about that.

So then, 17's it is as there are more choices in that size along with a little cheaper price

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, so tell me if my math is right.
O.D. for a 225/50/18 should be 26.858 inches
O.D. for a 225/55/17 should be 26.744 inches

Not even an 1/8 inch difference. So if my math is right, I should be looking for a 225/55/17 to replace the 18's for winter, right?

And correct me if I'm wrong, the wheel pattern for the 07 is a 5x115 right?

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
OK, so tell me if my math is right.
O.D. for a 225/50/18 should be 26.858 inches
O.D. for a 225/55/17 should be 26.744 inches

Not even an 1/8 inch difference. So if my math is right, I should be looking for a 225/55/17 to replace the 18's for winter, right?

And correct me if I'm wrong, the wheel pattern for the 07 is a 5x115 right?
GM has used the 115 mm pattern for 3 million years, although they changed it on the 08 CTS to 120 mm.

As far as wheels and clearance (sizes) check the Discount Tire website. Plug your car into their system, and it will give you optional wheel and tire sizes. (For winter tires, you might need to go to Discounttiredirect.com.)
Same company.

Check with a large Caddy dealer in your area. They regularly end up with extra wheels when people buy 20s, etc. You can likely get 17s for about $300 to $400 per set. (Wheels and doors are the hardest parts for anyone to sell.) Do not pay anywhere near the $300 or $400 EACH for new wheels. No one in their right mind does.

People here on the forum regularly have wheels for sale. If seller has been a forum member for some time (check post count), you are likely safe to send $$.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
michelin x-ice II are king, think they got the best rating at tire rack. have them on mine for winter, they kill all seasons.
You lookin' for a fight?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Unless I'm not doing my search right, There are no 17x7.5 wheels for sale on the forum. What should I type into the search?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts