Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying a 3.6 CTS with package one below sport package ,as i would prefer 17" rims. I drive in Michigan mostly and Ontario. Can any readers share your insights on the behavior of this car in ice and snow. Its important as I commute 100 miles daily each way. I have a FWD 9-5 Aero now, which has been reliable to a fault and tractor like through snow. i am looking however for a change and greater service availability of course.In winter I have used Nokian Haakkes.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Drove it through winte last year on the stock tires. No problem. I'm in Ontario, go to school in Waterloo. Got a LOT of snow here. One day the roads were completely frozen from freezing rain. Car was fine. Traction control is lil preventive, sosometimes youhafta turn itoff or itkills all power. Tail will slide onyou, but as long as you know how to countersteer without panicing, it gets to be quite fun.

·
Registered
305 Posts
yafah said:
I am considering buying a 3.6 CTS with package one below sport package ,as i would prefer 17" rims. I drive in Michigan mostly and Ontario. Can any readers share your insights on the behavior of this car in ice and snow. Its important as I commute 100 miles daily each way. I have a FWD 9-5 Aero now, which has been reliable to a fault and tractor like through snow. i am looking however for a change and greater service availability of course.In winter I have used Nokian Haakkes.
I live in North NJ and regularly commute only 15 miles a week .But half of the week is spent on the roads into NYC and upstate NY. Absolutly no problems and the car feels preety tight on the snow. Granted i wouldnt go more then 15 with an inch of snow on the ground. I have the 3.6L with the 17"wheels. The traction ctrl, stabiliatrack help a little. But driving like a normal person helps a lot alos!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Coreyn