Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2006 DTS
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be hitting the local auto parts store Saturday for a new set. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
2007 DTS LUX II 75k - Once owned 1998 Deville & 2002 Deville
241 Posts
Buy the original from your Cadillac dealer, you will never be sorry.

·
Registered
241 Posts
No but they are made to their specs. I tried that on my 2002, buying different brands from Advance Auto.
The skipped and made noise so I purchased them from Cadillac and they worked flawless. A friend of mine
was having the same problem and after my suggestion, his problem was solved. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
2016 XTS4, 2010 DTS (gone), '07 STS4 (gone), '03 DHS (gone)
655 Posts
Buy the original from your Cadillac dealer, you will never be sorry.
I was sorry this time round. Normally I change them once or twice a year and use GM Dealer Parts Dept blades, but this Fall I got a set that started to leave streaks in less than a month. Spent a lot of cash and they're non-returnable.

My next set will come from the extensive selection at my local auto parts store. Some newer brands have pretty good performance (even Michelin is now selling blades with some lofty claims...)

·
Registered
2006 DTS LUX III, 2006 DTS w/sunroof & navigation (scrapped), 1997 ETC (Sold)
209 Posts
After paying top dollar for the best Bosch wipers out there in June 2014 I was very disappointed after they started streaking within three months. Bosch has changed the rubber compound at some point because I have some other Bosch blades on my pick-ups that are several years old and still work well

I tried a set of the Anco C22UB Contour blades next and have been very happy with them. Put on in October and are still in good condition after the terrible winter that we just went through here in Maine.
Price is a lot less than the Bosch as well.

·
Registered
06 DTS Performance
273 Posts
Bosch Icon seems to be the best. I've been using them on all of my cars and they work well. I needed wipers for my Malibu and Icon wasn't available so I got the Bosch Clear Advantage and they have been working well also so get those if you want to go a cheaper route.

·
Registered
06 Cadillac DTS
278 Posts
When I bought my DTS it had offset wiper blades allowing the washers to spray directly on the glass. I couldn't find the same blades for replacement and the inline
mount blades catch the washer spray and don't clean as well.
Norm.

·
Registered
1997 Mercury Grand Marquis
553 Posts
The GM ones are expensive, try and find the best all weather ones and go with those.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I just checked with a local Cadillac dealer and the replacement blades cost $44 a pair for my car. My blades are
the originally ones and they have a rubber covering that makes them a lot quieter. Looking at the
different makes at Walmart, none of them are made that way.

·
Registered
2011 cadillac dts
556 Posts
Yes they have ones that are made the same. They have from Goodyear to bosh and the most expensive are at $14 each and i bet you that one of those companies make the gm ones. The best example is the walmart brand oil us made by quaker state.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yes they have ones that are made the same. They have from Goodyear to bosh and the most expensive are at $14 each and i bet you that one of those companies make the gm ones. The best example is the walmart brand oil us made by quaker state.
The Bosch ICON's at my local Walmart are $17.97 each

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
The OEM wiper blades on my car are four and a half years old...
I have NEVER had a aftermarket blade last over a year...
When I need blades I will buy OEM...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts