Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Eldorado. The windshield washers are not working. They had some problems with only having intermittent sprays, then they just stopped entirely. I bought a new pump, which I tested externally before installing. I put in new fluid, checked the fuse, and turned on the washer. No ejection. Then I accidentally broke the hose (Really brittle, need to buy a new one) and again triggered the washers. No flow at all out the end. The pump simply isn't going off. It's hooked up correctly, and I made sure it was primed, but it simply does not turn on(Again the pump was tested externally and shown to work fine). I suspect one or both of the relays controlling the washers may be bad. But I wanted some advice before I bought them. Any other possible causes? I also suspect a possible clog(I doubt this since the pump isn't turning on at all) Thank's for your time!

·
Registered
1999 Eldorado 1983 Seville
126 Posts
You might want to check the dash switch, I had a similar problem with my '99 and it turned out the switch terminals were rusted causing erratic operation. Worth taking it out to see if that is the prob after checking the relays. I think you can check the relays for continuity before buying new ones.

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, thanks for the info, I'll take a look! I don't know exactly where the switch terminals are. Where do you access them?

·
Registered
1999 Eldorado 1983 Seville
126 Posts
When you remove the switch, there is a plug on the back for the wiring to connect to the switch. If I remember correctly the switch has the male end and the plug in is female. Did this two yrs ago, hard to visualize exactly how it is.

·
Registered
02 Seville, 04 SRX
1,347 Posts
I remember when I replaced the pump, it was a weird angle and the connector pushed the metal tab away when I was installing it. Check to make sure you didn't just bend the connection when adding the new pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts