Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
'09 CTS AWD previously, '18 CTS AWD
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It seems that the windshield scratches very easily (I have an '09). I survived ok the first winter, but this one was seems to have taken it's toll both from the wipers and two ice scrapers (one broke and put a nice scratch on). I had the original wiper blades on to November, then switched to the ones recommended here. I have these blades http://www.boschautoparts.com/WiperBlades/Pages/Icon.aspx

Are there tougher windshields that can be purchased or they just whatever is available to us?

Anyone know of a good buffer in Northern New Jersey that can reduce the scratches?

·
Registered
08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options
2,541 Posts
smooth-ride

I am not sure about tougher windshields. They are all manufactured to the same standards. A few years ago I did an audit at a glass factory manufacturing automotive glass to Nissan, GM and aftermarket. I asked a question - what is a difference between GM and aftermarket glass? The pland manager smiled and pointed to the production line....it was the same one. The real difference was the GM stamp....that's all.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts