Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my windshield looks like its ALWAYS dusty especially in sunlight. Now, normally I'd think I'm just going crazy but my friend mentioned it to me also RIGHT after a carwash that included glass cleaner all around.

Has this happened to anyone else?

And, do you think this is a warranty issue?

--EG

·
Registered
292 Posts
Its probably pitted, like mine. Not sure if its under warrenty. My warrenty is up and I don't know how pitted it has to be before insurance will cover the replacement. Mine is annoying, but not $1000 out of my own pocket annoying.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts
egthareal said:
I noticed my windshield looks like its ALWAYS dusty especially in sunlight. Now, normally I'd think I'm just going crazy but my friend mentioned it to me also RIGHT after a carwash that included glass cleaner all around.

Has this happened to anyone else?

And, do you think this is a warranty issue?

--EG
I'm gonnna guess you don't wax your front window OR your headlights. You may think I'm crazy, but try it...you won't NOT do it again. Polish/Seal, then a good carnauba topper. Works magic for a pitted window as most all of us have.

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
shaft said:
Its probably pitted, like mine. Not sure if its under warrenty. My warrenty is up and I don't know how pitted it has to be before insurance will cover the replacement. Mine is annoying, but not $1000 out of my own pocket annoying.
Check the regulations for your state. In MA I belive you can get a new windshield every year through your insurance co.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I noticed that the inside of the windshield on my cts got dirty more often then other vehicles I've had. I have no idea why that was..no one ever smoked in it or anything.

It was almost as if something was given off from the materials in the top of the dash when the sun beat down on it, that put a film on the inside of the glass. I'd just clean it frequently with a good glass cleaner to solve the problem.

·
Registered
03 CTS 5sp manual, 07 STS
189 Posts
If it's whit I think it is, what you are seeing is the plastizer evaporating off of the dash. It is, unfortunatly, normal for vinyl. It cleans off easily, but keep a protectant on your dash. Given enough time, several years if your lucky, the dash can and will crack/

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
Humm that's funny, I just noticed that about my rear window, it was dirty on the inside, yet never smoked in the car, had to clean it up with windex

·
Registered
2005 CTS
214 Posts
Before I took delivery of my CTS, I insisted that the dealer take car of a few paint chips on one of the front fenders. When I picked up the car, the paint looked perfect.

However, the windshield looked like it had 100K on it. I quickly figured out that it was overspray from the fender repair. 20 minutes and some detailing clay later it was perfect.

Unless you are sure that your car has never had any body work, you might try claying the windshield.

·
Registered
75 Posts
strindl said:
I noticed that the inside of the windshield on my cts got dirty more often then other vehicles I've had. I have no idea why that was..no one ever smoked in it or anything.
Same here. I just assume that because I drive alot with the window partially open since the temp is a little cooler now in Florida. I thought it could have been the humidity. Haven't smoked in 10yrs and the windows seems to get that film.:confused:

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
rydr2 said:
Same here. I just assume that because I drive alot with the window partially open since the temp is a little cooler now in Florida. I thought it could have been the humidity. Haven't smoked in 10yrs and the windows seems to get that film.:confused:
Well, the condensed water on the inside of your window is not clean. Neither is the air. Everytime particles will build up on the glass forming a 'film'. So yeah, just clean it with windex...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts