Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
06 cts-v silver/tan
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i got the windows tinted today, and i havnt posted any pics of the car yet so i figured it would be a good time. Im happy but a little worried that i might get pulled over for how dark it is....Oh well... when i do ill fix it i guess..lol Mods are magnaflow catback, and some 275/35's in the rear....Hopefully longtubes a tune and lowering soon.....after i hear what everyones got on saturday to make up my mind.....

enjoy,

·
Registered
06 cts-v silver/tan
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its 20% sides and rear and 35% on the windsheild...i probably should have went 50 or something on the front, may have looked a little less dark....

·
Registered
'11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V
1,908 Posts
its 20% sides and rear and 35% on the windsheild...i probably should have went 50 or something on the front, may have looked a little less dark....
Wow.....35% on the windshield.....looks sharp...and no need for sunglasses.....

·
Registered
06 cts-v silver/tan
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow.....35% on the windshield.....looks sharp...and no need for sunglasses.....
that was my big reason for it...I actually hate wearing my sunglasses when im driving...

As far as the vision at night ill have to see tomorrow when i get off work..

·
Registered
2010 Thunder Gray 6MT
2,122 Posts
I wish I could tint my front (driver/passenger) windows. Looks great!!

·
Registered
None
447 Posts
Looks great! I think the windsheild tint will be a major topic of discussion with the police in the near future though.

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,216 Posts
yeah i bet you have problems with the police RE: the front windshield tint. i wouldn't do that on any car i owned, although i've gone darker than 'legal' in the past on my former cars.

Anyway, hope it works out for you :) car definitely looks great!

·
Registered
Cadillac
227 Posts
You deffinetly are going to have problem with the police. 35% is way to much on the windshield. Night driving is going to be dangerous at best. I drove a buddies car and he owns a tint shop. He would only go 50% on his windshield and the night driving is tricky.

·
Registered
06 cts-v silver/tan
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
driving home tonight wasnt bad at all, i think the projectors make the difference. I agree i probably should have gone 50 on the windsheild but hey oh well. Ill roll with it until i get my first ticket then itll either come off and stay off or ill try 50 and see how that is... It was 50 bucks to get the whole window tinted so well see, i guess itll depend on the amount of the ticket on if i retint or not..lol

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,216 Posts
driving home tonight wasnt bad at all, i think the projectors make the difference. I agree i probably should have gone 50 on the windsheild but hey oh well. Ill roll with it until i get my first ticket then itll either come off and stay off or ill try 50 and see how that is... It was 50 bucks to get the whole window tinted so well see, i guess itll depend on the amount of the ticket on if i retint or not..lol
i've heard way too many stories of cops giving a ticket and then enforcing the car getting towed on the spot (since it's not road worthy). the ticket isn't what i would be worried about... standing on the side of the highway at night watching my car get towed to the impound lot is.

one thing you may have to do to avoid that happening, is peel the windshield tint off while the cop is there (thus making the car road worthy again). so carry a razor blade with you in the car somewhere just in case you ever have to do that...

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
As a motorcycle rider I have a strong dislike for any window tint that does not allow me to make eye contact with the driver of a car. I can only imagine how police officers that have to approach drivers at night, sight unseen, feel about dark tints.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
As a motorcycle rider I have a strong dislike for any window tint that does not allow me to make eye contact with the driver of a car. I can only imagine how police officers that have to approach drivers at night, sight unseen, feel about dark tints.
One trick to put the officer at ease is to roll down all windows and put both hands out the window with your ID in your hand as they approach.

No kidding.....this will let the cop see in the car as he/she approaches and will also show him/her what your hands are doing. However....you do run the risk of the cop saying...."....so ummmm.....you must get pulled over alot...."...hahahahah....

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
One trick to put the officer at ease is to roll down all windows and put both hands out the window with your ID in your hand as they approach.

No kidding.....this will let the cop see in the car as he/she approaches and will also show him/her what your hands are doing. However....you do run the risk of the cop saying...."....so ummmm.....you must get pulled over alot...."...hahahahah....
Perhaps that will help, but the officer's adrenaline level will already be elevated and the officer will still not know whether the vehicle has one occupant or four.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Concur....but with all four windows rolled down....should be able to see in the vehicle with with proper passenger side vehicle approach.....

·
Registered
'05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys
1,070 Posts
tint on the windshield? really??

depends on the cop, and the area that you're in. I've been stopped twice for tint on another car and 1 let me go while the other didn't -- and both times, I put the windows all of the way down while coming to a stop. PA State Trooper was a wet behind the ears by the book DB. and, this was on the PA Tp... not speeding. tint ticket only. 35% sides, 20% rear

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V, 2010 CTS-V 6MT (Sold), 2007 CTS-V (Sold)
1,409 Posts
Saw his ride in person yesterday..... It was SUPER DARK haha. You can't see anything inside. Looks awesome though so I hope it works out for you Jeremy. Nice meeting you yesterday!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts