Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Cadillac CTS Premium and a blue screen on my navigation say windows ce. I bought the navigation system map update but that screen doesn’t go away. Not even able to view my radio or other options on that screen. Can anyone help ?

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
9,492 Posts
I have a 2011 Cadillac CTS Premium and a blue screen on my navigation say windows ce. I bought the navigation system map update but that screen doesn’t go away. Not even able to view my radio or other options on that screen. Can anyone help ?
Have you tried disconnecting the vehicle battery?

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
2,782 Posts
Windows CE was a compact version of Microsoft Windows designed for tablets and smart phones. Few used it.

What you are seeing sound like the boot screen.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Windows CE was a compact version of Microsoft Windows designed for tablets and smart phones. Few used it.

What you are seeing sound like the boot screen.
I haven’t drove my car for about 1.5 weeks so idk if that had something to do with it. Do u know how long that will be up for or should I leave my car running for a while for it to re boot ?

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
2,782 Posts
Can try but sounds like the BSOD. Is there an error code on the screen anywhere ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can try but sounds like the BSOD. Is there an error code on the screen anywhere ?

No there is no error code screen. I am able to move the little arrow icon and select the start menu but that’s it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What are the start menu selections ? Sounds like the software may need to be reloaded.
Honestly the writing is in Chinese I am not sure how to change that either but I am in the part where it give the app data , cd dash, docs and setting , hdd, hdd2 3 and 4. My docs program files temp windows

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
2,782 Posts
Sorry have no idea, don't think you were supposed to get to that screen, just play with it. I'd probably bring up the command prompt and see if it recognizes English commands.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry have no idea, don't think you were supposed to get to that screen, just play with it. I'd probably bring up the command prompt and see if it recognizes English commands.
Ok thank you for trying and helping me

·
Registered
3 Posts
How to HARD RESET your CUE I don't know if this will work for you, but give it a try. The same method is shown on some YouTube videos.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,041 Posts
These cars thankfully don't have CUE.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How to HARD RESET your CUE I don't know if this will work for you, but give it a try. The same method is shown on some YouTube videos.
The link didn't paste. Anyway, open up the door to the Cue system. Turn off power. Open driver's door for 30 seconds. Turn power back on. The Cue system should reset itself. You can go to YouTube and search for "Cadillac reset Cue system" and browse the videos. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The link didn't paste. Anyway, open up the door to the Cue system. Turn off power. Open driver's door for 30 seconds. Turn power back on. The Cue system should reset itself. You can go to YouTube and search for "Cadillac reset Cue system" and browse the videos. Good luck.
OK. Sorry for confusion. Just trying to help. I could fix it if it were a computer, but not a car!

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
2,782 Posts
"I could fix it if it were a computer, but not a car! " - interesting. GM has used computers in cars since 1978 (originally Motorola/Hitachi 6800 based ). There used to be a very active forum on DIY reverse engineering of same. I like the ALDL (pre-OBD II) systems because they are easy to reprogram to run cooler.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts