Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2011 SRX4 3.0 4WD Luxury
2,103 Posts
Kinda ,looks like clearcoat failure?, try a mild buffing compound?, if no workie then - rubbing compound it to the base coat and try a 2K clearcoat? the 2K has a pot life so you will want to do them all at the same time

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not a body man I will ask a friend of mine if he can do it thank you so much what do you About those stick on ones that you can get online

·
Super Moderator
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
3,763 Posts
The window trim on both sides of my car are fading what can be done about it
If your XT5 is still under warranty those will be replaced if factory defective. If an incorrect cleaning method was used, then it will not be covered. At first I was saying clearcoat degradation, but it appears more than just that, and what is odd are the suction cup looking marks on the upper third.
Solutions are; warranty replacement, owner replacement at own cost with oem or chrome or carbon fiber one can find online, vinyl wrap.

·
Super Moderator
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
3,763 Posts
Go to the dealership and complain it's sad to see our cars looking like this. lexus owners must have big smiles on there faces
Lexus owners have plenty of complaints...just check out their forums or go to carcomplaints.com, but yes any car should not have the OP's issue.

·
Registered
18 CTS 3.6 AWD / 21 XT5 Prem Lux
923 Posts
Wow that's crazy bad for a car not that old, even if it was the first year (you don't mention the year of your XT5). Any harsh strippers used on your car, bug / tar cleaners? Definitely a warranty thing if still under warranty. I always wax my black shiny bits on my cars when I wax the paint. Too many people miss this. It still clearcoat, not shiny black plastic. Wax and take care of it like the rest of the paint and it should last a good long time. Now you're beyond wax, MAYBE compound / polish / wax will do it with the right powered applicator. Same holds true for headlights. there's a clear coat on them and when that wears your headlight get foggy. I never have that problem cause I protect the clear coat with wax as well. In fact I hit the headlights with wax a couple times a year even when not waxing the entire car cause they take a beating up front from the environment and road debris. And I don't get foggy lights ever. Pretty much anything outside the car that is not rubber or matt plastic gets polished and waxed to keep it in good repair. Once the clear fails you're done.

·
Registered
'21 XT5 Prem-Lux w/ Platinum
1,486 Posts
Looks like delamination to me, reminds me of the problems with the 1st gen CUE screens. Or severe abrasion or chemical attack. Something repeatedly used on hands (lotion or other), that has etched the finish?

Max

·
Registered
2019 CT6-V
203 Posts
Ours is starting to show that; just a dime-sized patch near the top of each front door. It's parked out in the AZ sun all the time, so not surprising, but I'm still planning to have them replaced either under warranty or on my nickel.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know this this is off topic a little but does anyone experiencing when they shut the passenger door vs the driver door they have a completely different feel to them my passenger side feels very flimsy and cheap almost hollow feel to it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts