Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear windows are the factory privacy glass. They appear to be about as dark as 25% window tint. I would like to put 15% on the front windows. Has anyone used 15% on all of the glass (front and rear) or any other tint? Did the front and rear glass match, as far as color is concerned? I guess GM doesn't do 5% on the rear. Thanks in advance. [REFLIST][/REFLIST]

·
Registered
2010 Escalade Premium
124 Posts
I have wondered this as well. I kind of want to do 5% all around, but don't know how the rear windows would look since they are already tinted.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
My rear windows are the factory privacy glass. They appear to be about as dark as 25% window tint. I would like to put 15% on the front windows. Has anyone used 15% on all of the glass (front and rear) or any other tint? Did the front and rear glass match, as far as color is concerned? I guess GM doesn't do 5% on the rear. Thanks in advance. [REFLIST][/REFLIST]
You can really never perfectly match the tint because the factory tint is in the glass, and it does look different than films do, having said that I get all my cars and trucks done, I know what I have in PA in NOT legal on the light meter, but it matches color wise and tint wise, of course on a sunny day with the sunroof open your side windows will appear slightly lighter because of the added light from the sunroof and windshield. You can see what I mean from pic 1 to pic 2, closing the sunroof shade will stop most of the added light but you still have the windshield adding light

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diesel, Porsche 997 Carrera S, VW Passat SE
595 Posts
One thing that I learned when getting my windows tinted on the ESV was although the factory privacy glass is dark...it provides no UV protection.
I had the privacy glass windows coated with an almost clear film that provides 99% reduction in UV.
I then had the front windows matched as close as I could to the factory glass. I was extremely pleased with the results.
Just talk with a good tint shop and they can recommend the best option for you.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade
36 Posts
Yea this is a difficult question to answer. You would be best off by visiting a tint shop and having one of their experts walk you through his recommendation. Those guys tend to dozens of cars/tints a day. They usually know what they're talking about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts