Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1971 Sedan Deville
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know to get the window sash to stay on the rear windows? I had the chrome replated and bought new rubber strips. I have a 71 Sedan Deville, the sash fits in between the front and rear windows.

·
Registered
1978 Coupe DeVille
313 Posts
sash is not those leather bags the cowboys used have on them horses??

or the one on the old school Harley D.?

·
Registered
1971 Sedan Deville
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the 1971 Cadillac Sedan Deville these no window post, these a metel strip that connected to the rear window and a rubber seal slides inside to seal the window from wind/water. It look like some type of tar paper connected the strip to the window, the stuff I found at a glass repair shop doens't work, it keeps coming off when I let the window up or down.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,690 Posts
I recommend taking a photo. I'm not sure we know what you're referencing.

That is, unless 77CDV comes into this thread. He might know.

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
I know exactly what he's talking about. I've never examined the referenced part in great detail, but IIRC, it's held on the window by a very thick, black epoxy. You might consult an auto glass shop for the correct product to use. After applying and setting the piece into place, roll the windows up and leave them that way for at least a week to allow the epoxy to set up. Of greatest importance, be sure your glass is completely clean of all oils and detergents prior to applying any epoxy. Residue will interfere with adhesion.

Hope this helps.

Craig

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,690 Posts
Called it. :lol:

Craig to the rescue! The man needs a cape.

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
No, Jay, its the mounting for the weatherstrip that seals the gap between the front and rear side windows when they are up. It's attached to the leading edge of the rear side windows and disappears with them when they're retracted.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
9,695 Posts
AH HA! Now I know. I have the same seal on my 71 Pontiac Parisienne hardtop and my 65 Impala convertible ;)

A pic would have helped me... lol

THIS part:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts