Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Window Regulator Help Please!!

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  ewill3rd 
#1 ·
I have to replace the window regulator on the front passenger window of my 99 Seville but I can't find it anywhere. Checked Rockauto, ebay, amazon, etc. Does anyone have any tips?

#4 ·
I have searched and looked at most of the sites suggested. All of them only sell the regulator with the motor and the cheapest one i could find was at gmotors.com for $247. They say that they don't sell the regulator solo because it comes from the factory with the motor. I only need the regulator though.

Since rock auto and adv. auto parts sell the motor solo, you would think you would be able to find the regulator sold by itself. Has anyone dealt with this issue or know where to direct me?

If my only choice is to get the regulator-motor combo, does anyone know a cheaper alternative?

#6 ·
What are your symptoms?

I had a drivers side window that would go down but not up. It ended up being just the electrical connections in the door switch. The plastic on the underside of the switch that acted as the fulcrum to rock back and forth had worn down and thus not pushing the metal far enough to make electrical contact. After some minuet filing and stretching of the spring loaded contact, everything works perfectly. The switch box unsnaps apart (after popping the buttons off).

If anyone wants I will do a more in-depth write up.

#7 ·
The way they are assembled you can't really take the motor off to service the regulator separately because the cables will "unwind" if you don't hold it together right.
If the cables come out, it is pretty much done.
I have seen motors come separately for some applications but I don't recall seeing a cable regulator come without a motor on it.

#8 ·
Here is a photo of the actual broken part. It is a small white plastic pulley wheel. I'm assuming this wheel guides the regulating wire.

I am planning on checking some junkyards for a regulator. Has anyone had this wheel crack like this before or know if it will be sufficient for me to only replace the wheel?

#10 ·
That is the weakest link. There are no service parts to replace just the rollers, usually when that goes the cables come all undone and you can't really put it back together very well anyway.
Just keep shopping for a regulator.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.