Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year i brought my car to the dealer because both passenger window would not got dow. i too the panels off everything had power switches worked. the deal had my car for 2 weeks! i had to call the cadillac corp, and i had my car back ,fixed the next day. they told me there was a short in the rear door.... i think that was bs. now my 2 driver side windows wont go down i dont want to go to the dealerl, plus my warranty is up.. any ideas what it could be.. fuses are good. the modules click they have power... and i dont think both motors would go at the same time..:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
2003 cts lux sport
51 Posts
are you sure your wires aren't tangled inside the window regulator? my wires got tangled after the circular plastic piece broke, so i bought a new window regulator on ebay for 49$ and replaced it in an hour

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i took off all the door panels to see what the dealer did. WHAT A SHITTY JOB! seems the power wire (red white strip) was cut or shorted.. they cut the power wire and picked up power from another source in the door. they did this in the fron and rear pass door. that wire on the driver side door has power. im guessing another wire is pinched i have to continuity them out tomorrow see if all the wires are good. anyone know where i can get a good wiring diagram?? here are some pictures i took on my phone of the shit work the dealer did

·
Registered
Cadillac
132 Posts
This problem has been discussed on here before and supposedly it's the switches. My switches in the back won't roll those windows down but they will roll them up. One of those small annoyances with my car that I forget about until someone wants their [email protected]$n window rolled down.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,814 Posts
After looking at this picture, this is what I would do. Take more pictures, that are more in focus. Contact GM corp like you did before and tell them that you have a possible fire hazard in your car in two different doors. The reason why I say that is because the wire that they tapped into is of a smaller gauge wire than what it's supposed to be. That large Red/White wire appears to be 12 to 14 gauge while the other one appears to be 18 to 20 gauge.

Make sure that you tell them where you had the work done and it was under warranty of course. From there they should send you to a different dealer to have them check it out.

I know that the current doesn't go through that power wire unless being used to roll up or down the window. But still if you have a child in the back seat who is playing around. Trying to put the window up when it's up all the way already... well poof. Know what I mean?

By the way, since this "work" was done under warranty and could be a safety hazard. They should not charge you, if they do. Better Business Bureau
KOT

·
Registered
1994 cadillac deville
6 Posts
hey. i really need help with my 1994 cadillac deville. I accedentally broke my rear vent window the little on that doesnt move. And i dont know how to remove it. I have to do it my self because it costs 400 bucks to get replaced. Please help me i really need it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts