Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to remove the passenger window and all related parts on my 93 allante to repair the window motor and now the windows does not stop in the right position when I raise it. I have not been able to adjust it. any suggestions? bilmcg

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
Need more info? does it raise too high? not high enough? do you have the factory service manual? Have you located the down and up stops on the regulator. Do you have the regulator tape in properly?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
the window will rise to the top, but does not move to the back of the car leaving a gap between the glass and the rubber seal on the back small glass. the car is a 93 and does not have the plastic tape. I believe the window lifting and lowering mechanism was changed in the 93's. I haven't seen any info on it like all the previous articles for the 87's to the 92's. There are two adjustable stops on the top at the sides of the door. adjusting these does not seem to produce any results except to keep the glass from going up too far but not curing the back glass gap problem. I know it has to be a matter of a simple adjustment but must be doing something wrong. I do not have a sevice manual. Bill

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
I presume this gap is on the fixed glass on the soft top, not the hardtop. Assuming the door glass is aligned properly to the windshield pillar when fully up, I would look at the fixed quarter glass adjustments. Sorry, forgot about the regulator change, I owned an 88. I seem to recall an elongated adjustment at the horizontal bottom of the quarter glass where the top pivots to lower. Also the metal piece bonded to the bottom of the door glass bolts to the regulator and I believe those holes are elongated allowing fore/aft movement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts