Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Deville
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to search but all the regulator stuff I saw was for 200+ models and I am not sure that is my issue.

Here we go:

I bought a '99 Deville and just got it back and on the road this past weekend. I put it in the garage last night and completely cleaned the interior. I left all the windows down a little bit to let the chemical smells air out. Go out this morning to drive to work and the drivers side rear window won't roll back up. It would roll down more with the switches, just not up. It did not drop it went down a little at a time as it should. I tried using the switch on the drivers door as well as reaching behind me to use the button on the actual door itself. The other three windows went up as usual.

I tried a couple times and was just about to park the car back in the garage (it was raining) but I tried it one more time and it suddenly worked. So needless to say I just let it go up and went on my way. Up or down it doesn't make any groaning noises etc..

Now I am nervous to roll it down again in case it won't fix itself next time. Does this sound familiar? Is it a switch or motor issue?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,543 Posts
Could be either. If it happens again, try slamming the door while holding the switch. If that works, it's the motor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts