Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Window Regulator

I have a 2001 Deville DHS and the passenger window will not go up or down.

So I took the door panel off and unscrewed the window from the (not sure the name) control arm (where the window sits). I removed the whole assembly - its like aluminum with a cable on either end that runs up and down from the window motor.

Ok so there is an ARM that the window sits in (with rubber pinchers).

And there is the aluminum/metal bar that the ARM slides up and down on.

What is this part called?

The PLASTIC clips on the ARM that hold tight to the CABLE are broken. What I really need is either the whole unit the window motor attaches too (which would include the ARM) or I could get by with just the ARM (where there are rubber pinchers that hold the GLASS)

Anyone know what part it is that I need? I mean what it is called and maybe a good place to start looking for it?

Thanks, FISH

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Deville (Charlotte is her name)
69 Posts
Try getting one of those chilton books about your car. There might be some help in there. Or you could call cadillac and ask them all they can do is tell you no. Try searching the web.

Either way windows are a pain good luck.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,242 Posts
Don't waste your money on Chiltons or Haynes. Get a FSM (factory service manual) by Helm inc.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I now know it is a "Window Regulator" but can not find one anywhere. I have searched at least 50 "parts sites". I will call caddy and some salvage yards in the morning. Unless anyone here knows a good site that may sell a "window regulator" Thanks, FISH

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I have found IT.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADILLAC-DEVILLE-WINDOW-MOTOR-REGULATOR-RF-2000-UP_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33706QQitemZ8004092126QQtcZphoto#ebayphotohosting

It is a window regulator for Deville 2000 and newer - same window regulator for all I guess. Anyway its 180.00 - going to try to beat up the caddy dealer for a better price tomorrow, if not I will order this.

Just wanted people to be able to find this part and thought I would put a link here. If this link stops working the company name is;

Window Motor World

http://stores.ebay.com/WINDOW-MOTOR-WORLD-INC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts